I miss bass... Recommend me an IEM or headphone!!
Sep 7, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I'll look into those! Anyone else have any suggestions? How would you say the 5EBs measure up to the V-Moda Bass Freqs?

being dual driver you will probly find the eb will offer the bass you want but also kick out some nice mids and highs,a whole lot nicer then the bass freq's anyway!

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #19 of 40
I just traded my ER6i's for a pair of Vmoda Vibes, and the bass hit me over the head with the Vibes. I had a flat EQ from the Ety's and the Vibes just overpowered me with bass (though vocals sounded like they were coming from the other room). A little fiddling with the EQ brought a more even sound, but there's still plenty of bass to be had with the Vibes.

Aug 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the super fi 5 pro's fall around your price budget, and they perform very well for my punk/rock/alternative/hip hop/techno. The bass is very nice, much cleaner than my jvc marshmallows, and just overall the super fi's provide a warm sound that pleases my ears

No way - these are not basshead phones.

Aug 27, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend the EBs too for Bass. Nothing comes close.

Agreed.

Aug 27, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #22 of 40
Aug 30, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 40
Hi, I'm new to the forum but I saw this thread in a search and wanted to offer my 2cents.

I have the Super Fi.5 EB's. And I tell you now, they are incredibly powerful headphones. The bass is a perfectly equalized. (Many people complain how horribly strong the bass is, how how bad it sounds) Many of those people screw with an EQ that makes it that way. Sure, you play a bass-heavy song on loud with a huge equalizer, Something will sound bad.

I absolutely love these headphones, and I don't think I would ever by anything else to be honest. This headphone may not be designed to provide the best Hi's and mids, but they do deliver them very clearly. The bass does not overwhelm the hi's and mids. My favorite part of the headphones is it has an incredible sense of realism to it. They don't feel flat. (It's the same as watching a TV which has just the right amount of warmth in it).

its worth the money.
Now, for the sake of arguement. These are my first headphones ii've ever owned above...well...$40. (although my last pair was really good). But from what ive seen and read about the EB's, almost everyone who tries them loves them. (Oh and if you read about how thin the wires are or fragile, its not true. They're very strong and built well. Some people have obviously never seen a $5 headset from China)

Another thing I really enjoy is if the cord breaks or is damaged, they are detachable from the monitors themselves and you can just swap in another one.

Aug 30, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #24 of 40
Glad you are enjoying the SF EB. Not sure why you resurrected a thread that is a year old, though. You could just start a new post, with your review of the EBs. Also, there may be a SF EB thread already started. Searching isn't easy sometimes on Head-Fi, though.

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #28 of 40
I'm going to hop on the question bandwagon. I'm not sure if should start a new thread. If so, let me know...

I have an iPhone and I want a decent set of earphones with a strong low-end.

I listen to a wide range of music (mostly rock, classical: strings, very very little hip hop).

I tried the Future Sonics Fs1s and loved them (is it me or does no one talk about them?) but had cabling issues so I returned them.

I then tried the Shure se210. The bass response leaves much to be desired. Fit and isolation is awesome though.

I'm looking for something with:
1. short cable so I can plug them into a mic (the se210 cable length is great).
2. Good bass response but not V-Moda or Skull candy overpowering bass.
3. Balanced sound: I want a bump in the low-end but still want the other freqs to be balanced.
4. (this is very important): Great noise isolation. I work in a loud office.

I was thinking of the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 pro but I'm not sure about the noise isolation). It seems like people like the atrios on here.

I've heard a lot about the Ety 4rp but the iPhone EQ options aren't that great so getting the bass out of them isn't going to work for me.

My options:
Future Sonics M5 Atrios
Super.fi 5 pro
Super.fi 5 vi (has a built in mic, otherwise this is just the Super.fi 5)
Q-Jays
Future Sonics Fs1
Future Sonics m5 Atrio.

I don't want to spend over $200...$150 is ideal...

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #29 of 40
I havent tried any of those headphones. All i can say is my experience with the Super fi.5 EB's is they have really good noise isolation, Incredible bass response. But it is still able to retain good hi's and mids. They certainly aren't as powerful but they are clear and enjoyable.

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #30 of 40
Sennheiser CX6, Denon AH-C751, SF 5Pro ect.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back