I LOVE my new macbook pro
Aug 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #31 of 52
Pretty close to their 7GB estimate

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #33 of 52
Is there a big difference between the 2.26GHz and the 2.53GHz? It's a 150$ difference.
BTW, if I buy the MBP in the US, is there a way to change the OS's language? Like Windows has MUI?

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #34 of 52
Well when you get the 2.53 you also double your ram and increase your hard drive from 250GB to 320GB. When you boot the computer you choose your language and you can install languages later.

edit: I assume you're talking about the 13" MBPs.

Aug 28, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be heading over to the Apple Store for a copy of Snow Leopard today. If anyone out there can get to an Apple Store today, there's usually swag. I got a t-shirt when I picked up 10.5..

I got nothing when I went at 9:30AM even though they were supposed to open at 10AM. Nobody in line, a few around a table talking and one person checking out the mac pro on the side.

In and out in 5 minutes... I think Friday + Preorders killed any sort of "launch party"

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well when you get the 2.53 you also double your ram and increase your hard drive from 250GB to 320GB. When you boot the computer you choose your language and you can install languages later.

edit: I assume you're talking about the 13" MBPs.

I am talking about the 13" MBPs. The 2.53 has 4GB ram and 250GB HDD while the 2.26GHz has 2GB ram and 160GB HDD.
If I buy the 2.26GHz and then choose at the upgrade page to increase ram to 4GB and HDD to 250GB it's an extra 150$ - 1350$ while the 2.53GHz is 1500$.

Aug 29, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #38 of 52
give us pics to get us entertained!
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #39 of 52
Hi everyone, avidly waiting for my snow leopard cd to arrive!
I must say apple laptops are expensive (maybe even overpriced) if you look at the rest of the market the new timeline laptops for example. And I would have NEVER bought a macbook air. But I really already like mac os x and I love the fact that apple treats visually impaired people as people with needs to and that theyinclude everything into the operating system. To me thats worth the extra money.
Hello, i think when my 10.6 disk gets here i will just upgrade, according to someone you can even install snow leopard without rebooting. I wonder if i would get the speed improvements if i just upgrade though?
Improvements in januari? i thought apple renewed its lineup every 18 months or so?
This was still typed on the pc btw, i am still learning how to navigate the web quickly with my mac.

Greetings, Anouk,

Aug 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #41 of 52
WHoo Snow Leopard! Has anyone tried an upgrade install- I'm not looking forward to having to reset all my flipping preferences and reinstall everything again.

Edit: When I went 10.4-->10.5 on my old iBook I did the upgrade install and it worked flawlessly, so *shrug*.

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHoo Snow Leopard! Has anyone tried an upgrade install- I'm not looking forward to having to reset all my flipping preferences and reinstall everything again.

Edit: When I went 10.4-->10.5 on my old iBook I did the upgrade install and it worked flawlessly, so *shrug*.

Thanks basically what "Snow Leopard" is, an "Upgrade Install." I didn't have to reset or reinstall anything...

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #43 of 52
I'm also eagerly awaiting the snow leopard cd to arrive but one question, I did order my copy online, but is it also possible to get the CD for $10 at the Apple Store? If you don't know what I'm talking about, I know that all owners of an apple computer who bought it after June can get it for $10. So I'm just wondering

Aug 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks basically what "Snow Leopard" is, an "Upgrade Install." I didn't have to reset or reinstall anything...

My update went well.
smily_headphones1.gif
Just in case I backed up anything of worth beforehand, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back