I know it may sound crazy, IS T1 a good gaming headphones????
Aug 26, 2010 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

furyagain

500+ Head-Fier
before i came to head-fi
i was using my dt-880 pro 250ohm mainly for playing first person shooter ( as the sound stage was great)

then i moved to a dt-880 600ohm( ofcause i use it more then just playing my games)

and now i just sold my DT-880 and
paid for a T1 ( which should be here  sometime next week.

I wonder how the soundstage different compare to DT-880 600ohm.
better for gaming??? or worse???

will a tube amp better ?? or a SS better for bring the soundstage  out.

( I really want to know which amp is better for gaming ( i don't need bass when doing FPS))( i have Little Dot MKIV se for tube, Little Dot V( sooon to be VII+) for Solid stats)

can someone give me some opinion???

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 7
I have played games for decades, I don't think it worth too serious on choosing the headphones. The difference to affect the game playing is subtle, and this is not the critical point to let you enjoy the games.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 7
Disagree. Great sound is important for movies, games as well as music. The Auditor and T1 give me a great soundstage. Slightly better then on my Head one but they do things slightly differently. The Auditor is not the bassiest  amp for the T1 but you wheren´t looking for that. But yes if you don´t need isolation they work great for the games I tried. When not needing the isolation I use them instead of the Pro 900 despite the Ultrasones soundstage a bit better. I have the same goal otherwise for movies/music. I want the gear to sound real but focus a bit more on the soundstage then when listening to music since it distracting to see where a sound comes from and then hear it coming from another place :)

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 7
I want sound quality, but especially sound stage which can let me pin point the target just by hearing.

dt-880 gave me that...
I wonder how well will T1 be>>>

anyone know ?

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 7
I prefer AD700 for gaming to DT880 anyway. It would be great to hear people's impressions of T1 for gaming. I have been trying my K1000 for gaming lately. Need to do a lot more though, as I seem to forget I am even wearing headphones (well they are earspeakers) and I get lost in the game 
tongue.gif
 Makes it difficult to give impressions. 

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I want sound quality, but especially sound stage which can let me pin point the target just by hearing.

dt-880 gave me that...
I wonder how well will T1 be>>>

anyone know ?

I finally got online with my xbox this year (I know I lag... old dog/new tricks) and I use the mixamp for the DH processing. I've used my D5000, DT880 250ohm, K702, and HD800. For online FPS games the K702 was the clear winner. It had a more accurate 360° presentation of the environment and was unmatched by the others in its ability to present direction and distance of enemies. The DT880's were good but more left to right feeling and not so much above, below, forward, or behind accuracy compared to the K702. The HD800's were close but had trouble with presenting proper distance IMO.

FWIW the HD800 destroys everything I own for music and was amazing for movies as well. The D5000 just has a more HT like LFE/impact so I use those for movies. I sold the K702 because they freakin hurt the top of my crown after about 30-60 min but YMMV.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #7 of 7
I second Wakeride's reply because I went from AD700s to K702s thanks to MadLustEnvy's guide. The K702s have a somewhat narrower soundstage but much greater detail retrieval. My trial by fire for all headphones I use for gaming has been "The Passing" in Left 4 Dead 2. If there's something wrong with your audio setup for positioning, this test will reveal it. While the AD700 and K702 have comparable directional ability, hearing things in the third dimension, above and below you, is better on the K702s. Further to this, on the AD700s, I lost track of individual targets during heated battles thanks to the sounds of zombie swarms drowning out individual voices and the sounds of Special Infected. I'm most vulnerable when I'm being swarmed, what a surprise. It's usually very hard for Specials to jump me because I know where they are, but when I'm distracted visually, I'm also blinded on the audio front, which is a fatal combination for a competitive gamer. The K702s are detailed enough that I can track Specials even when there's a crowd of zombies around me. That trumps the VERY slightly narrower soundstage.

Which is why I also wish to see someone conduct a comparison between the AKGs and the T1. The T1 is very likely the best competitive gaming pair one can buy at the flagship tier of headphones. Reviewers even say Stax SR series headphones and AKG's own K812 can't compare to it. Of course they could be wrong, but really, someone needs to compare K701s/K702's/Q701s to the T1. That way us gamers can know if we'll need to save up for TWO expensive gaming PCs next upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back