I just got my dream job.
Mar 2, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #46 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have just finished my 167th cup of coffee and I can no longer feel my bum. I also may have had three heart attacks from the caffeine overdose! "WHAT IS GOING ON UP IN HERE!!!"
Kevin

keep going man!
at 300 you engage super-sonic-action mode, and like a dazzling orange flash, can defy the laws of thermodynamics and the physical universe, to do whatever it is that you like, within the constraints of ~45 seconds, and it must serve the forces of good

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #47 of 210
bobs.jpg

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #54 of 210
I see three ponies at Headroom: 1. is your mobile amps - no one makes a portable amp as simple but high quality as you guys. 2. Crossfeed - it's a debated subject, but headroom crossfeed is the only one I've liked (though I still prefer no crossfeed - but Headrooms is actually enjoyable) and 3. Your measurement/review system.

I'd bet Headroom focuses on 1 and 3 for now. A huge market at a price most people can afford - and a service valuable to all manufacturers as a standard and customer accepted platform.

That's my guess. The suspense waiting for the reality is killing me, so I had to fabricate a guess :p

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #55 of 210
honestly, in today's market...people looking for value for their money. Its not really a Super size type of world anymore in my opinion.

With that being said...i think your pony arent you amps, but your sales of everything else pretty much on your site. I know it sucks to have to buy at a certain price and sell at a certain price, but its not going to make you any money sitting in a box in your store room. Also, as you know how this hobby works, 95% of gear gets cheaper over the years, so the more you decide to keep it, the lower the overall value gets. The HD650s are pretty much around 275$ on the used market. People going to lean towards that since money is tight for most. If you keep that and try and sell it at 400-500$ you going to find you going to end up keeping ALOT of them. By the time they are phased out, you going to have to sell it cheaper or be forced to keep them. Just like the HD580s.

As the economy is now, you shouldnt be RAISING prices, you should be cutting them. You raising prices is just going to increase the amount you will NOT sell. You shouldnt be create new $4K amps till you sell the current stock. You should see how this effects everyone and adjust...that means making a flagship item for cheaper then most....people want value for the dollar. Thats the market you should be aiming for.

Are you going to take a loss? Yes, in the beginning, but i believe if you look at the big picture, you might gain alot of business down the road. People will see that the economy is hitting everyone and businesses trying to adjust to the market. Also, how much money are those maxxed balanced bringing in? Enough to justify keeping it at 4k? Maybe try marking it down a tad, make 3.5K or lower....would you rather keep the amp or lose a few hundred on the markup? Until the economy stabilizes, i think we ALL need to take some sort of loss to even stay in business.

This is just how i see it...i know, im not a marketing genius...just how this average joe feels =)

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #56 of 210
Yeah I died a little with each cup of coffee, now at 238. Plus I have single handedly consumed all the popcorn from three local grocery stores. WE NEED A NEW POST FROM TYLL.
Kevin

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #57 of 210
Mayhaps Tyll is waiting for the ink on the contract to dry, or will have to post some online statement in a press release, as it sounds like this is a lot bigger impact than just on Tyll. And, whatever it is, it's already done, or so it seems.

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #59 of 210
Well, he describes it as his "dream job" so maybe he buys out the partners and takes sole ownership? insert popcorn picture here.

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #60 of 210
In a previous post, he wanted to grow HR 5x so he could just spend time riding the bike - sounded like that was a dream he was pursuing. Only he can say if it was _that_ dream he just got. Except, it was phrased as a "job", so, dunno.

Maybe the 'pony' was that missing shipment of hd800 "lost" @ Logan?

Now, the question is, do we still keep hounding Tyll with 'How soon is NOW' wrt said HD800?
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back