I just got my dream job.
Mar 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 210
*moogoob sits down and pretends to not have an awful cough/cold*

*COUGH COUGH COUGH* Sniff.

Damn.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #19 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I sure hope to hear the rest. Specially if it has good news for the customers of HeadRoom.

smily_headphones1.gif
FTFHF

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 210
Okay, I'm back went for a little motorcycle ride.

483179069_kqv3U-M.jpg

I'll get back to the story, take me a half hour or so to whip up the next post.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #21 of 210
See, in economic environments like these, owners wisely start looking around at the things they own. Some owners own a lot of things and in these situations it's triage time. The good ones get a pass, the bad ones get chopped of at the knees and liquidated, and the middling ones are looked at real hard 'cuz if they're worth something now is the time they need help to survive and thrive.

In fact, from an owners point of view, saving a bunch of money on the dogs so you can sink it into the good stuff is a great strategy because now is the time you can gain market share when everybody else is weak.

So ownership, me included (
baldy.gif
ImaPoser.gif
), brought in a "business coach." He's a guy with a whole bunch of experience (and my owners do know folks with a whole bunch of experience) poking and prodding through the physical plant, accounting system, and everyones head in a company to figure out what works and what ails a place.

He rummaged around for a couple of days and then gave us some homework to do. In a week or so we sent it off, and then we waited for his report.

78326985-Ti.gif

patch.gif

More tomorrow, methinks.

wave.gif

Edit - wonder what McManus is thinking. He's prolly seen a few things as this.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #23 of 210
What! Tomorrow!? You! Well, at least you got a ride under your belt. I have 2 feet of snow outside. The Hayabusa is moth balled atm.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #25 of 210
You have a boss?

30%?

My motorcycle has not seen the light of day since December.

14" snowstorm has just begun. Do tell Tyll, do tell. Will the 800's turn things around, just a little?

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #26 of 210
You were able to ride in Montana today with just a mesh jacket? Man I'm jealous. I last rode here in Boston on Thursday. It was cold though.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #27 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit - wonder what McManus is thinking. He's prolly seen a few things as this.

Too funny, Tyll. I was thinking I've been that coach before, and often the news I've had to deliver wasn't terribly good for certain people. It was actually a big part of my role while I was in private banking. I'd go from office to office throughout the group looking for ways to streamline operations and for the most part, it's not a lot of fun to do because the fat needs to be trimmed if there is to be anything left to roast. I wish you and everyone at Headroom well in these most difficult times. As you say, it's a good time for those with cash to be making moves. But so few have cash these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back