I Just Don't Get It
Feb 18, 2011 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

MaxMusic

Head-Fier
Ive been thinking about this all day: why do the RE-ZERO's have a cable that almost no one can use, thus forcing you to use an inconvenient adapter? These looked like my perfect IEMS, but I would be traveling with them every day. 

I can foresee myself growing to hate that adapter. 

RE0s don't share this cord issue, but also have less bass, which is a problem for me. I don't expect a lot of bass from the ZEROs, but I can't deal with utter "lack" of bass. 

Can anyone explain their logic behind the cable?

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 15
The TRRS plug is meant to be used with balanced amp (which do requite separated R+/R-/L+/L- connection instead of the common single end R/L/G connection). The upcoming balanced amp module for Hifiman HM801 will used a TRRS socket which RE-ZERO can plug directly into without the adapter.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 15
Hmm wow very surprising they will say that. A user who got it with the 601 as part of the batch deal got a regular plug. He even showed pics, I remember Clieos and I being surprised by it. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 15
If you have some basic soldering skills, it's quite simple to just chop off the balanced plug and attach a $2 neutrik 3.5mm plug. If not, there are many users on this forum who can easily do this for you for a nominal fee. Just post an add in the cables and tweaks forum. It takes only a couple of minutes to do. $10 should be enough to pay someone to do it for you.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #13 of 15
Serious, would anyone call that adapter an inconvenience? The bulky one maybe, but surely not the small one. 
confused.gif

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #14 of 15
The RE-Zero's really are amazing. I would take them over my M50's or AD700's anyday. The small adapter doesn't really matter because you are already cutting down on a ton of clutter by not using an amp. Just get them somehow are enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back