I have two headphones and can't pick what's better.
May 11, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #31 of 34
Word of caution in regards to Zreviews. His workstation changes from one minute to the next. Every headphone review he's ever done, has had a different amp on the deck. You can't do a proper scientifically accurate sound test, if you keep changing amps left and right. Too many amps and dacs change the color of the sound. So always take every review that he does with a grain of salt. And remember, at the end of the day, its how things sound to you, that truly matters. This is why many audiophiles on this website recommend people to go to their local Apple store or wherever there are demo stations for you to listen to the sound of different cans.

Additionally, I've found Zreviews or Zeo's as he likes to be called by anime lovers alike, does not fully test a headphone's capabilities. Step one should always be to test the headphones stock out of the box, and he does do that. But he never goes to step 2, and find out how they sound after running through some EQ adjustments. If a can doesn't meet his expectations out of the box, he hates on it, and says No, then No, then No again. So like I said, use Zreviews as like a reference point only, but at the end of the day, you have to listen to the can's yourself, and make the ultimate decision based on that.

May 11, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #32 of 34
Browse through the Auteur, Atticus and Eikon, and Aeolus threads. Find members that have similar preferences to yours and ones that listen to the same type of music. You’ll have to do hours of research but that’s half of the fun.

May 13, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #34 of 34
From what I read, what you like about each of them, it seems you'd be happier if you sell both and buy an Hifiman Arya.

It's somewhat in between those, but each one sounds unique so you should try it first, not that you like it less than the others.

It could also be more expensive than the Rest and therefore be no Option for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back