I have Pressure in My Head, Feels like my Head Explode - What is the cause?
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

goodolcheez

100+ Head-Fier
Hi extremists,

For the last several days I have been getting a lot of pressure in my head. Pretty much entire head on pressure and I feel a little lightheaded. Headache is very minor, it is mostly the pressure that is worring me. The only drastic change I have done in my daily life is that for the last 3 months I have been using my set of IEM.  I rarely use any head/earphones other than this.

I have also been watching a lot of videos on my iPad 2 lately. This is my first pad device ever.  And I use my Etymotic HF-5 IEM with it everytime.

For more info, I am short-sighted, and have a pair of glasses that I am supposed to use at all times. But for viewing videos from portable devices I didn't think I would need to keep my glasses on, however there still has been a lot of strain on my eyes.

I am not sure what the cause is to my problem. Does / has anyone having / had this problem?  What was your experience?  What did you do to resolve?

Thanks,

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 45
If Your having this kind of problem I would suggest going to the Doctor, Your Primary and or Eye Dr. as soon as possible! Let them tell You what's wrong, that is Your best bet.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 45
What have you been eating?

Do you have a family history of hypertension?

Have you stopped drinking coffee, or any other physically addictive medication?

Are your sinuses clear? If not, check the colour of your mucous....

Are you frowning often? The brain has no pain receptors so if your head hurts it is generally the muscles on your skull or a neurotransmitter disturbance.

Could be your glasses causing a tension headache.

Were I you, I would put my glasses on and see if it goes away. In the mean time I would call my doctor and get to the pharmacy to have my BP taken a few times. The last thing you would want is to just take poison (NSAIs) and hope it goes away.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 45
Try not using your IEMs? I know I got some headaches/pressure related issues after using my ER6i's for too long.

This is why I really hate deep insertion IEM's. The extra isolation is not worth the pain and headaches.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 45
Oh and for more info, the pressure in my head goes away completely when I sleep.  So I want to sleep mostly, but you know I gotta work and get money, and to enjoy my life.  As soon as I wake up and start doing stuff the pressure comes back.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 45
It could also be Allergie's, Sinus problem's, remember the Eye's, Ear's and Nose (Sinus) are all interconnected. Go to the DOCTOR's!

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #8 of 45

Quote:
Try not using your IEMs? I know I got some headaches/pressure related issues after using my ER6i's for too long.

This is why I really hate deep insertion IEM's. The extra isolation is not worth the pain and headaches.

Interesting you said that. I am new to this deep insertion into my ear canals. That is how I do in order to get maximum sound quality. My ear bud is round in shape and is very tight when I shove them deep in my ears.  I do feel the pressure in my head gets worse while using them. I get a little nauseous as well.

I still don't know for sure if this is the cause, or my iPad 2?

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #10 of 45

Quote:
What have you been eating?  Food, anything from rice to buritos to bean soup etc etc.  Typical food I eat, I didn't really change anything out of ordinary...

Do you have a family history of hypertension?  I don't think so.  What is hypertension?

Have you stopped drinking coffee, or any other physically addictive medication?  I do drink a lot of coffee, sometimes I do stop drinnking for a day but not longer.  I don't take any medications.

Are your sinuses clear? If not, check the colour of your mucous....  I feel like sinus, and my nausal system doesn't seem completely clear. I can still breath through my nose okay though.

Are you frowning often? The brain has no pain receptors so if your head hurts it is generally the muscles on your skull or a neurotransmitter disturbance.  No, I haven't doing that.

Could be your glasses causing a tension headache.  Like I rarely wear glasses when I view videos from my iPad 2 (or iPod Touch). But I do feel some strain in my eyes without putting my glasses on.

Were I you, I would put my glasses on and see if it goes away. In the mean time I would call my doctor and get to the pharmacy to have my BP taken a few times. The last thing you would want is to just take poison (NSAIs) and hope it goes away.  I will try putting glass back on and leave it on and see how that goes.  And I did take some Motrin (only 1 tablet at a time) but it doesn't seem to have any effect on removing my pressure.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #11 of 45
It feels like I am in decompression chamber.

What medicine do I need to remove this stupid pressure?

For more info, I do have sinus, it was pretty bad when i was young. But as I got older I thought the problem went away.

From my recent research the vision and ear can be the culprit. But of course, I don't know for sure. I'm worried.

Are there any doctors in this forum? I'm sure some of you has to be the doctor, or pharmacist.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #12 of 45
Stop posting on here and go see a doctor! This isn't something that should be answered by people on an internet forum. This probably has nothing to do with your music listening, and could be a very serious medical problem.

Pressure in your head is never a good thing, so to re-iterate, get off the internet and call a real doctor immediately!

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #13 of 45

Quote:
It feels like I am in decompression chamber.

What medicine do I need to remove this stupid pressure?

For more info, I do have sinus, it was pretty bad when i was young. But as I got older I thought the problem went away.

From my recent research the vision and ear can be the culprit. But of course, I don't know for sure. I'm worried.

Are there any doctors in this forum? I'm sure some of you has to be the doctor, or pharmacist.

Hypertension is high blood pressure, you have to go get it taken as there aren't always symptoms.

As far as the pressure if it is sinus related you can take cold and sinus medication. BUT if you take something like that and you in fact have something more along the lines of hypertension you could quite literally kill yourself.

Ear and sinus go hand in hand. If you have a nasal spray you can try using that. block left nostril, bend forward, turn your head 90 degree to the right so your left ear is parallel to the ground. Snort some of the saline solution and stay like that for a bit. Blow your nose and repeat on the other side. Might be air trapped in your sinuses or a pressure imbalance in the middle ear. Saline COULD take care of it if that is what is happening.

Are you itchy at all? have allergies?

Saline is easy to use and free... I am sure you could google it and there i no harm in trying this.

Where is the pressure worse, and is there any areas where there is

But really, get to the doctor if it is this bad.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 45

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting you said that. I am new to this deep insertion into my ear canals. That is how I do in order to get maximum sound quality. My ear bud is round in shape and is very tight when I shove them deep in my ears.  I do feel the pressure in my head gets worse while using them. I get a little nauseous as well.

I still don't know for sure if this is the cause, or my iPad 2?

Have you been cleaning your ears often or at all?

Could be you are just sticking them in way too far and irritating the hell out of your ear.

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #15 of 45

Quote:
Hypertension is high blood pressure, you have to go get it taken as there aren't always symptoms.  Yes, my mother has high blood pressure and so was her parent. I am pretty sure I have high blood pressure as well though I haven't gone to any doctor to check me out. I'm afraid of going to see doctors.

As far as the pressure if it is sinus related you can take cold and sinus medication. BUT if you take something like that and you in fact have something more along the lines of hypertension you could quite literally kill yourself.  Several years ago I consumed extreme amount of sugar (with coffee) for many years and I started getting severe left arm pain and chest pain and hurt as my heart beats especially when I did some physical work. I had headaches too (not pressure related).  I realized what I was doing was wrong so I stopped consuming sugar at all (no sugar in the coffee, no junk food or any of that sort. A year and half later I felt a lot better and left arm pain and chest pain had gone away.  No I didn't check blood pressure but I am pretty sure it's high, even now.  Lately I started consuming some food that contains sugar, like ice cream and soda. Now I'm starting to feel a little bad. Now all the sudden I'm getting this head pressure.

Ear and sinus go hand in hand. If you have a nasal spray you can try using that. block left nostril, bend forward, turn your head 90 degree to the right so your left ear is parallel to the ground. Snort some of the saline solution and stay like that for a bit. Blow your nose and repeat on the other side. Might be air trapped in your sinuses or a pressure imbalance in the middle ear. Saline COULD take care of it if that is what is happening.

Are you itchy at all? have allergies?  No, no itch. I am lately sneezing a lot at work.

Saline is easy to use and free... I am sure you could google it and there i no harm in trying this.  Maybe I should try this. 

Where is the pressure worse, and is there any areas where there is. It started off with minor headache on the right side of the head, in the deep lower part.  It then transitioned to pressure the entire head.  The pressure seems to come from the center most part of the head and pretty much entire head feel pressured.

But really, get to the doctor if it is this bad. It's not severe. Maybe I exaggerated in my topic but it's not to the point of exploding. But it's enough to get me worried.  What should I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back