I have playback problems with my iFi micro iDSD Signature
Dec 6, 2023 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pcsgcs

Head-Fier
I recently got my hands on this dac and it plays flawlessly when paired with the USB Player Pro app but when I wanna listen to music on the Youtube app or on Spotify/YT inside the Chrome browser, 95% of the times I get this weird buzz that loops (at the rhythm of the song???) and it's hella annoying. Hasn't anyone experienced this behaviour before? I am curious...

Sometimes it plays well but only for one youtube video or song and then the issue reappears again and it doesn't go away no matter what.

Could this be a firmware issue? I don't know the current firmware it has but I am sure it's either the first one (most likely) or second update.

Mr. Thorsten Loesch said it could perhaps be the 3D getting turned on/off due to the XMOS chipset being an updated version as this issue wasn't present with the micro iDSD V1 I had.

PS: Reposting this here cause I got no answer in the portable amp thread. Sorry if this is considered spam but it is an issue I would like to know the solution if there is any.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 3
Do you have Developer options enabled under settings? If not, find the Build number under Settings, System, About phone, Software information. Then tap on build number multiple times.

Then with the iFi connected, you can try going to Developer options, scrolling down to networking, and click on Select USB configuration, then try changing the options.

If the issue is only inside Chrome, you can try adding Chrome to power saving exclusions under Battery settings.

Sounds like the iFi isn't getting exclusive access to USB.

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 3
Do you have Developer options enabled under settings? If not, find the Build number under Settings, System, About phone, Software information. Then tap on build number multiple times.
Yes, I do.
Then with the iFi connected, you can try going to Developer options, scrolling down to networking, and click on Select USB configuration, then try changing the options.
Doesn't have an effect, it's meaningless.
If the issue is only inside Chrome, you can try adding Chrome to power saving exclusions under Battery settings.
I am not using this battery saving feature, I have it disabled.
Sounds like the iFi isn't getting exclusive access to USB.
Most likely but I believe it's a software problem. Perhaps this Android 11 version I have doesn't go well with the chipset of this device that controls the xbass and 3d effects so they get triggered in that weird way as I stated above.

What's very interesting is this. I noticed yesterday while doing some testing that when I am using the usb audio player pro app most of the time, the audio playes flawlessly on the dac itself but this weird buzz that goes with the rhythm of the song happens on the phone speakers while the dac plays the song (what the... ???).

Given that, I am not sure whats going on with this but as I said before, could most likely be a software issue. I wish I could test it on a different phone just to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back