I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Feb 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #3,076 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerysong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got this today. The sound is quite good but a lot lower from my expectation, yeah alot better than the iPod.

I just use it all flat with flat eq and all off. Can someone help me about the eq maybe I could get this better :p

Lower has in volume or bass tones? Im getting mine later today, cant wait!!!
k701smile.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #3,077 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerysong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got this today. The sound is quite good but a lot lower from my expectation, yeah alot better than the iPod.

I just use it all flat with flat eq and all off. Can someone help me about the eq maybe I could get this better :p

My settings:

Equaliser = flat, with Clear Bass set to +1
Clear stereo = on

everything else set to off.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #3,078 of 3,761
Just got my player from a fellow head-fi'er and I have to say the SQ is amazing. Blows away my Zune. Device is smaller than I thought, its exact same height as a nano but tiny bit wider. Definitely much more portable than the huge Ipod touch.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #3,079 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassheadd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my player from a fellow head-fi'er and I have to say the SQ is amazing. Blows away my Zune. Device is smaller than I thought, its exact same height as a nano but tiny bit wider. Definitely much more portable than the huge Ipod touch.

Congrats. It most definitely is a SQ gem! Enjoy. Post with any questions you may have.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #3,080 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats. It most definitely is a SQ gem! Enjoy. Post with any questions you may have.

Well one thing I cant figure out is how to change the wallpaper? Is there any way to remove any of the icons from the main screen? That would be nice since I wont ever use youtube or the first one (forgot what it was).

Also is there a way to make everything flip over so you can view it sideways like on the ipod touch when it turn it to its side?

Ive been playing around with the audio settings and EQ and Im liking the custom ones. I turn the bass up to 2/3 notches and my Super Fi5 EBs pound like ive never heard before.
k701smile.gif

Real sexy device. After using it for a few hours at work today, I have to say even though I was hesistant blowing 4 bills on this baby, its well worth it. wow just wow!
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #3,081 of 3,761
Quote:

Well one thing I cant figure out is how to change the wallpaper? Is there any way to remove any of the icons from the main screen? That would be nice since I wont ever use youtube or the first one (forgot what it was).

To change the wallpaper just go into photos and circle to the photo you wish to set as wall paper > options menu > set as wall paper. I have no clue how to remove any of the icons.

Quote:

Also is there a way to make everything flip over so you can view it sideways like on the ipod touch when it turn it to its side?

I don't think so as the X doesn't have an accelerometer and no operative commands to do so. I just turn it 90 degrees and achieve the same result as my ipod touch haha.

Quote:

Ive been playing around with the audio settings and EQ and Im liking the custom ones. I turn the bass up to 2/3 notches and my Super Fi5 EBs pound like ive never heard before.
k701smile.gif

Hey Bassheadd you're letting us down.Turn the clear bass up to 3/3
icon10.gif

Quote:

Real sexy device. After using it for a few hours at work today, I have to say even though I was hesistant blowing 4 bills on this baby, its well worth it. wow just wow!
tongue_smile.gif

Glad to see you're liking it. Several months after purchasing it. I have no regrets. Its one of the better audio purchases I've made here.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #3,083 of 3,761
Quote:

I have to say even though I was hesistant blowing 4 bills on this baby, its well worth it. wow just wow!
tongue_smile.gif

See, I told you. Have you figured out the coffee making function yet?
tongue.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #3,084 of 3,761
I will be purchasing a 100Ω adapter which should be quite high quality. If it works out the way I hope (dear god, please...), then my Sony 828 (a benchmark for bad hiss) may be replaced by an X or baby x. Rather not feed that size though - damn the X is big.

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #3,085 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rather not feed that size though - damn the X is big.

I thought the same going from A818 to the X. I was surprised how it fits well into my portable setup
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #3,086 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be purchasing a 100Ω adapter which should be quite high quality. If it works out the way I hope (dear god, please...), then my Sony 828 (a benchmark for bad hiss) may be replaced by an X or baby x. Rather not feed that size though - damn the X is big.

It's nothing like as big as the Touch
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #3,087 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nothing like as big as the Touch
ksc75smile.gif

True, but I'd really like to downsize - say, Fuze size, but not Fuze sound! If I use anything but the touch, it would be nice to have it... small and useable. Your are right though, the touch is mad huge for a slim device.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #3,088 of 3,761
The touch is big so you can browse the web and use applications better. Its not solely a music player like the fuze. I hardly use my touch for music, I use it for everything else it does. For me making the touch screen bigger would be great. iPad etc.

I expect those that have the X few use the browser at all on it.

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #3,089 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think so as the X doesn't have an accelerometer and no operative commands to do so. I just turn it 90 degrees and achieve the same result as my ipod touch haha.

Hmm wierd when I turn mine 90 degrees nothing happens. Not a big deal anyways.

Quote:

Hey Bassheadd you're letting us down.Turn the clear bass up to 3/3
icon10.gif

I actually like 2/3 the best cause it makes me UEs sound like a club....unreal bass that i can just about feel. But Im worried it might put too much strain on the UE SuperFi5 EBs?
confused.gif

Quote:

Glad to see you're liking it. Several months after purchasing it. I have no regrets. Its one of the better audio purchases I've made here.

Definitely something i plan on keeping for a long time and its resale value will remain fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back