I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Feb 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #3,046 of 3,761
In the last weeks the X1060 is pratically absent in european web shops, there are only few shop that sell it at double the price of december (I believe old stock), it will be discontinued or there will be a new version?

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #3,047 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the last weeks the X1060 is pratically absent in european web shops, there are only few shop that sell it at double the price of december (I believe old stock), it will be discontinued or there will be a new version?

I really hope they bring out one with 64gb. I've been on my last 1GB for months and I'm fed up with having to take something off to put something on. But I do still love it
ksc75smile.gif

I ordered a Samsung YP-R1 as an addition to my X. But I didn't know it was coming from France (sneaky UK retailer didn't mention it)... and it's volume capped, so it's packed and ready to go back! But it did have an on-the-fly playlist
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #3,048 of 3,761
I noticed that myself. Before xmas lots of places offering the 32GB for the price of the 16GB. I wonder was that a clearance before a new model. Thought it would be a bit soon though. Offer now over, I think, I haven't seen it anywhere lately.

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #3,049 of 3,761
yes seems to be like a discontinued model, becouse there are no rumor about a new version and I don't see good priced Sony X from late december-first week of january...

Now is at an absurd selling price, more than when it was released on the market...

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #3,050 of 3,761
got my cashback form returned today ...

didn't buy from a particpating retailer apparently - even though day before I purchased I confirmed with Sony hotline themselves that retailer I was going to buy from was included

phoned them up today to be basically told - reading between the lines they gave the wrong info

have to write to them now formally to progress - but won't give up till I get my money back - I'm livid

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #3,051 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got my cashback form returned today ...

didn't buy from a particpating retailer apparently - even though day before I purchased I confirmed with Sony hotline themselves that retailer I was going to buy from was included

phoned them up today to be basically told - reading between the lines they gave the wrong info

have to write to them now formally to progress - but won't give up till I get my money back - I'm livid

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the whole pricing thing around xmas time a mistake that was corrected after 3 or 4 days? I don't think Sony ever intentionally intended to sell the 32GB at 299. Although my personal opinion is 299 is the correct price for the 32GB. Perhaps even now at 249.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #3,052 of 3,761
I think he's talking about the UK price, where it was £192, minus the £50 cashback which made it £142. That's how much mine was. I bought mine from Amazon UK.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #3,053 of 3,761
Im looking into this player but I have a couple questions i need answered first. Sorry if theyve been already answered.

1) I can drag and drop mp3s to this player from my windows OS? No s/w required? Thats a big reason why im ditching my zune cause im sick of having to use s/w.

2) Whats the battery life on this guy?

thx!

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #3,054 of 3,761
Im looking into this player but I have a couple questions i need answered first. Sorry if theyve been already answered.

1) I can drag and drop mp3s to this player from my windows OS? No s/w required? Thats a big reason why im ditching my zune cause im sick of having to use s/w.

thx!

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #3,055 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the whole pricing thing around xmas time a mistake that was corrected after 3 or 4 days? I don't think Sony ever intentionally intended to sell the 32GB at 299. Although my personal opinion is 299 is the correct price for the 32GB. Perhaps even now at 249.

The sold it for $299 with 10 percent off, so $269, which is how I got mine. They did charge sales tax though here in PA (free shipping).

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #3,056 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassheadd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thx!

1). Yes.
2). Depends on what you are playing, videos or music and at what volume and bitrate. I mainly use mine in the car - sitting in it's dock. The volume rocker is bypassed and it outputs maximum, screen is set to 30 seconds. the X will last for 15 hours, maybe more....

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #3,057 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1). Yes.
2). Depends on what you are playing, videos or music and at what volume and bitrate. I mainly use mine in the car - sitting in it's dock. The volume rocker is bypassed and it outputs maximum, screen is set to 30 seconds. the X will last for 15 hours, maybe more....

Nice, nice thanks! So when I plug into the X1000, Windows just reads it as a flash removable drive?

And one more question but does it use the standard USB cable to charge it?

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #3,058 of 3,761
Quote:

Nice, nice thanks! So when I plug into the X1000, Windows just reads it as a flash removable drive?

And one more question but does it use the standard USB cable to charge it?

1). Yes. It recognizes it as a walkman but it's essentially the same as a flash drive.

2). It's not a standard usb cable, Walkmans come with a wmport socket. You get one in the box though and a spare is about £6 on ebay.

normal_smile .gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #3,059 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1). Yes. It recognizes it as a walkman but it's essentially the same as a flash drive.

2). It's not a standard usb cable, Walkmans come with a wmport socket. You get one in the box though and a spare is about £6 on ebay.

normal_smile .gif

Sqweet thanks bro.

Still undecided if Im going to get this or not today. Reason? cause its $400 here in canada and thats the lowest ive found (including online and ebay). $400 is AFTER I bargained it down with the guy at the sony store here locally. He has it on hold for me today so i gotta decide quick as he only has 1 left.
L3000.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #3,060 of 3,761
Quote:

Sqweet thanks bro.

Still undecided if Im going to get this or not today. Reason? cause its $400 here in canada and thats the lowest ive found (including online and ebay). $400 is AFTER I bargained it down with the guy at the sony store here locally. He has it on hold for me today so i gotta decide quick as he only has 1 left.
L3000.gif

No worries..
wink.gif

I don't want to influence you on your decision whether to buy the X or not, but I think you should because it's great, sounds flappin brilliant, it's a solid little player, has a lovely screen, it's wonderful to use and you'll treasure it forever.

It makes coffee too.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back