I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Aug 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #1,996 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Review update.

A rubish 1 coz i iz no gud at teh revooing.

I've really grown to love this thing playing it through the car hifi. The sq is quite a bit more refined and engaging than listening to the cd.

Because the X is so open it gives a greater sense of space and pushes the imaging forward of the speakers. Certain tracks sound truly holographic.

Tonally it's lovely, I kind of missed the cd player's sound at first as it was more in your face, but now my ears have become accustomed to a more natural sound with subtle ambiance. Something that the cd player couldn't reproduce.

The X is as smooth as you like but doesn't compromise on bite and grip. Instruments are tight and well separated, (width and depth). This produces a snappy and energetic feel and decay reaching beyond the side windows.

It's taken a while to eq the top end on the car hifi to match the X well, it's now wonderfully extended and crisp. My system can now pick out the rasp and intimacy of acoustic instruments, voices and backing vocals are well layered and have a sense of space around them.

If I have to criticize the X, frequencies around 80Hz sound ever so slightly fuzzy. This could be a tuning or install problem, the X doesn't show this characteristic through my headphones.

Neil.

I've had my X1060 for just under a week now and am absolutely blown away with the sound quality (previously had amped iRiver H140 and S639) - your description exactly echoes my experience listening with ER4P's. I was initially disappointed with playing it through my car system though, but am reassured that it just needs a bit of EQ tweaking. The car stereo is obviously more used to dealing with brighter sources. What impresses me also is how it deals with my older lower bitrate files - they sound great also. I wasn't able to try out an S9 but after handling the X felt it's more compact form factor was better for me. The sound quality from this thing is a league above anything else I've listened to before - reminds me of the old vinyl days! If the S9 is better SQ than this then I salute it!

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #1,997 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the coupon. I cancelled my Amazon order and ordered this from dell. Will arrive Monday

Glad I could help! I'm so bummed, I shipped mine to my work but I will not be in the office on Tuesday when it arrives so I guess I will have to wait until Wed. to get it. That is fast shipping from Dell, sure beats Amazons Free Super Slow Shipping.

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #1,999 of 3,761
Hi,

Can anbody explain to me why I can not get any sound when I plug the supplied LOD like cable to my fiioE5 and Grado SR80s????

What is that cable for...anyways..???

Thanx

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #2,000 of 3,761
Read the manual
smily_headphones1.gif
It's not a LOD, more like LID lol. It's for turning X into standalone NC unit with other source.

Aug 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #2,002 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by E Street Shuffle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question...

In this image I stole from wired's article, I noticed the Walkman rocking the Marshall stack wallpaper.

Is that one there in the default options, or can you pick your own wallpaper, or ??

You can use any image you like as long as it's 240 X 432 pixles and in jpg format.

I'm just about to pots a thread with wallpapers.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #2,006 of 3,761
Does any one where to find the pin to download 100 free songs from sonymusicpass.com. They say the pin is in th ebox but i couldn't find it..

BTW i just my sony X1061 today

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #2,008 of 3,761
Just want to share my latest picture of my portable rig. I posted the picture here because the X is bigger than the UM3Xs.
smily_headphones1.gif
I also put the Omnia's screen protector, and I don't bother and just lazy to cut/trim it to make it perfect.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy and thank you.

bakhtiar-albums-westone-um3x-picture3135-westone-um3x-custom-ear-canal-tips-sony-walkman-nwz-x1060f.jpg

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #2,009 of 3,761
nice looking X1000 series, I can't wait for mine to arrive. Does anyone know how well they power higher impedence headphones/buds? Going to drive them with an OK1 soon. Thanks!

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #2,010 of 3,761
Hi,not sure this is relevant in your case,but there's a thread on ABI,about free song's.Apparently offer is only if you get the 'X' from a Sony shop ie other's haven't got anything in the box etc.

Cheers BOB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back