I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jul 7, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #1,622 of 3,761
Or just wait until 2010, for the price to be going down
smily_headphones1.gif
. By then, the X-Androids will rule the world
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #1,625 of 3,761
Going to go get my 16 gb version ight now. I can't wait.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #1,626 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going to go get my 16 gb version ight now. I can't wait.

I await your impressions! This is one lovely player. I'm listening to songs I never really liked and for the first time never have the urge to press the skip button. Hope it satisfies you as much as it does to me haha!!

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #1,627 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or just wait until 2010, for the price to be going down
smily_headphones1.gif
. By then, the X-Androids will rule the world
smily_headphones1.gif

that's true, i am waiting for that too, better if i'd come with a snapdragon or tegra chip
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #1,630 of 3,761
You got that all wrong, it's a full on Kool-Aid drenched, Sony love fest here. No hype....
ksc75smile.gif

Good luck. Remember it does undergo some burn in over a week or so, opening up in detail and soundstage.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #1,632 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got that all wrong, it's a full on Kool-Aid drenched, Sony love fest here. No hype....
ksc75smile.gif

Good luck. Remember it does undergo some burn in over a week or so, opening up in detail and soundstage.

lol, true story
icon10.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #1,633 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ksc75smile.gif

I'll definitely give it some time to bloom, although I'm hoping it sounds much better than my IE8's did out of the box. I'm hoping it's a keeper and if it is I have a player or two I could sell off to recoup some of my losses. If it's not, I'll return it - but I really want to like it.

I don't ever expect it to be as capable as the touch for extras such as wifi and browsing, but if that's what I wanted in a player I would have gotten a touch instead. I got the Sony for SQ so that will be the main area I'm concerned with.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #1,634 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for your reply. I am using 320kbps mp3s that I ripped myself. They just sound a bit "polite" with both my UM2s and UM3Xs when compared to my A728. I've had my X for almost 2 weeks. I will continue to listen to my X but I doubt it will change much. Maybe I'll try new phones to pair up with my X. Either way, I won't be selling it because it is close to the sound that I enjoy on my A728, but with less "intimacy".

I have one question for you though, does your A829 play louder than your X? I find that I have to listen to my X two to three levels louder than my A729.

Ah, forgot to mention that, unfortunetely, what you might not want to hear, the answer is yes, it was one of the first things i noticed when i first hooked up my Shure's & Senn's was how much loader the X was to my A829.

To me it seemed not just how good the digital amp was sound Q wise with sounding un-digital, but the raw output power it seems to have which surprised me and only need to drive my Shure's at 16-18 on the dial and my Senn IE8's at 20-22 whilst i my A829 i had to have the same equivelent around 22-25.

No, i am not deaf!, not yet anyhow, i have regular hearing checks included with my yearly health check through work and currently my ears are grade A,
so do not need to drive them loud due to being deaf as mutton!

I have never heard the UM's, snd am sure that your Um's are good cans, but by law of average's and just a hunch, i would say it is more likely you need to find a pair of iem's that just have good synergy with the X, as i dont think either the UM's or the X by themselves are below average.

Maybe those FX500's? I personally find my Shure E500's a joy to listen with anything i have paired it with so far, even though on here some have said it is not the best suited out there with the X.

Personally, i would like to try the FX500's with the X after the praises sung with the synergy of them both, but am recouperating after post op on my wallet getting my AKG 702's with amp and modded cable!

Hope you find a perfect partner (for your X that is!)
k701smile.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #1,635 of 3,761
SOUNDinterpreter - can you get a replacement for your X? It's odd that you're having to use a louder volume on it than your 728. Maybe you got a duff one? Also, sorry if you've said this already, but did you ever adjust anything in the 728 service menu, or is everything still as it was out of the box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back