FortisFlyer75;5821534 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ta daaaa.
L3000.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
o2smile.gif

CIMG1392.jpg

Looks the Biz Neeley, managed to use the dock okay in the end then.

Like the swivel effect you have going there also, looks like it was made to go there all along. (just hope you don't change your car to soon or to often!)

Still waiting for my dock to come through at the moment, i would do what you have tried but i don't think my company would like me drilling big holes in the company car! plus there is no real decent place to have it like your car as currently i have a Alfa 159 and there is no space to have the dock on their dash anywhere : (

I might have to buy a personal car just so i can do what you have done!

Have you managed to rig it up to the stereo yet at all and hear what it sounds like?

What kind of system do you have that hooked up to?

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #1,592 of 3,761
but sony wouldnt just say HEY ALL YOU X SERIES USERS WE HAVE NEW ANDROID OS FOR YOU. im sure theres got to be some charge. maybe they'll do what apple did and charge for a firmware upgrade.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #1,593 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknit3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but sony wouldnt just say HEY ALL YOU X SERIES USERS WE HAVE NEW ANDROID OS FOR YOU. im sure theres got to be some charge. maybe they'll do what apple did and charge for a firmware upgrade.

If I keep the X1060, I'd gladly pay for the upgrade. As long as the SQ remains the same, it'd be amazing.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #1,594 of 3,761
Can we petition? haha

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #1,595 of 3,761
Quote:

Can we petition? haha

Hmm, Sony has never listened to us before, doubt they'll start now (even though they supposedly claim otherwise from now on).

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #1,596 of 3,761
this player has potential though. in terms of hardware it has a decent processor doesn't it? maybe not the 1 ghz processor going into the new xperia but enough to run some applications. I wish they wouldnt shut out first generations x series once the new ones are released.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #1,597 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please, tell me I didn't make a mistake on this 1, and my S9 is all I really need for now (I'm waiting for the Zune HD BTW).

Cowon stands on their products more than Sony. The latest beta firmware for the S9 enables gapless playback on FLAC, APE, lossless WMA, and OGG. When was the last time Sony release a firmware update adding features/capabilities for their Walkman? The one I remembered was MP3 support for the Vaio Pocket and the HD1 (you had to pay and send the HD1 to Sony to get the update).

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #1,598 of 3,761
Quote:

this player has potential though. in terms of hardware it has a decent processor doesn't it? maybe not the 1 ghz processor going into the new xperia but enough to run some applications. I wish they wouldnt shut out first generations x series once the new ones are released.

It's 250MHz ARM processor. Some were saying it's actually the same processor used on older Walkmen. Whether it's good enough to run Android, who knows. In comparison, the processor on the 1G iPod Touch is 412MHz ARM, 2G Touch is 533MHz ARM, and the ZuneHD is rumored to be using nVidia Tegra platform (lowest clockspeed according to the spec is 600MHz).

Even if it could run Android, Sony will want you to buy a new model. It's the way it is.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #1,599 of 3,761
sadly i dont doubt would do that to us. its all about money. well i guess i could live with the x-series. i need a serious upgrade from my phone

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #1,600 of 3,761
Yeah, I'm a bit scared to buy this knowing that the ZuneHD is coming out as well as Android based Sony devices next year. The tegra chip sounds very impressive, although I'm no hardware buff. I had a Zune 120, and it was pretty nice but lacking in a few areas. Drag and drop is my favorite, and I doubt the Zune will be capable of that (at least without some major tweaking) and a Zune will probably never be capable of being Rockboxed. The lack of EQ was a major downside with the Zune 120 I had as well, but it did sound pretty good without it.

It's a tough decision I guess. Wait and something better may be out soon, but it shouldn't be that hard to sell the X or other stuff when the time comes.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #1,601 of 3,761
Quote:

Actually, the X1000 series has an inferior processor, from 2006 (that's why the video res is still so low for a player of this caliber, since the screen is capable of better res, and we'd all love the drag & drop of UNCONVERTED vids like on the Samsung P3 & the Cowon S9). It's behind in terms of what you would expect in a player.

If it had a higher powered and more up to date processor, I wonder WHAT this thing could really do. I think it wold tear up all the competition on the market. Samsung, Cowon, Apple even - TOASTED!!!

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #1,602 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm a bit scared to buy this knowing that the ZuneHD is coming out as well as Android based Sony devices next year. The tegra chip sounds very impressive, although I'm no hardware buff. I had a Zune 120, and it was pretty nice but lacking in a few areas. Drag and drop is my favorite, and I doubt the Zune will be capable of that (at least without some major tweaking) and a Zune will probably never be capable of being Rockboxed. The lack of EQ was a major downside with the Zune 120 I had as well, but it did sound pretty good without it.

It's a tough decision I guess. Wait and something better may be out soon, but it shouldn't be that hard to sell the X or other stuff when the time comes.

Sorry for the double post but,.....

The resale value will be lost when the Zune HD, or any other competitor, releases a new player later this year (Apple anyone?) as this will be dropped in price to accommodate those products higher price points. That's 1 thing about Sony DAP's, the go down in price. Apple doesn't do it that often, and M$ does it on occasion.

Sorry, but if we buy this now (I've hit the "order" button already) we'll take a hit in the pocket almost immediately. Sept is right around the corner, and Apple and M$ have big plans for us ($$$).

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #1,603 of 3,761
listened to the X at JR on thursday. it has the same pre loaded tracks as the s738 so i was able to do some comparison. I am loathe to blow $400 on a 32 gig player but come this friday I will be purchasing the X. Don't have an interest in videos and as for the browser, thats what my blackberry is for. This is the dedicated audio player I have been waiting for since my hd5 died.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #1,604 of 3,761
Well, I'm not worried about taking a hit. There's always other stuff I could sell, + September isn't THAT close so if you actually have a job it's not too hard to make back the money you lose in that time. It's like trading in a car for credit toward a new one, yeah - you're not going to make anywhere near the new cost back probably, but since you won't need the trade-in once you get the new car it's just a bonus really. Consider the difference a renters fee. There's always a market in resale for people who don't need the latest and greatest.

I'm not sold on the Zune yet either and it's not a difficult task to save a few hundred up between now and next year if something nice is released by Sony with the Android OS. If the ZuneHD still doesn't offer EQ and some other improvements - I don't care how long the battery lasts.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #1,605 of 3,761
hi there, i need a quick advice.
my bro' just bought an X1050, and he wants a case fast to protect it from scratches, etc.
what do u recommend? is there an official case or should i order from ebay?
what would u recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back