I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #1,246 of 3,761
On different news - Quite possibly my last post for the next ten days or so (as will be in SA) - Anyways - thought I'd dig out the NC20 stock earphones so that I can take them on the plane, anyway - as much as this makes me a martyr to the cause, with a bit of EQ, they actually don't sound too bad at all (especially for 'stock' phones!)

Anyway - It'll probably take you guys the ten days I'm away to get over the shock of my admission there!

Enjoy!!

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #1,247 of 3,761
The NC20 stock phones are pretty good. Tried it the other day on the train and it worked well blocking out the rumblings. The sound quality is about similar to the EX082. Only problem, and I just discovered this bit, is it isn't compatible (physically) with other 3.5mm jacks.

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #1,248 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The NC20 stock phones are pretty good. Tried it the other day on the train and it worked well blocking out the rumblings. The sound quality is about similar to the EX082. Only problem, and I just discovered this bit, is it isn't compatible (physically) with other 3.5mm jacks.

Yeah true that! The shape of the ipod touch 2G's jack makes those phones compatible with them.

Jun 15, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #1,249 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't underestimate the stockphones; I just came back from a 6 hour journey by train and I found the stockphones + NC gave me more fun then the IE8's.
If I do not need NC (it only works with constant noise, like on a plane) the IE8's are better, but the stockphones still are really enjoyable.

I love this player for it's SQ and 32GB, but frankly, I'm starting to hate the touchscreen; no matter how beautiful the colours on the OLED, I hate the way this player doing unintented things every time I fish it out of my pocket, it usually stops the music.
Locking the screen is not a good solution either, that way the playbutton is not secured when not listening.

I don't underestimate the stock phones at all. In fact they are really good. They are the best stock phones I have used with a player as most stock phones are horrible.

Art

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #1,250 of 3,761
To my ears, the UM3X + modded triple flanges isolate better than stock NC earphones
smily_headphones1.gif
, especially the screech sound during commuting on train.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #1,251 of 3,761
Bad news:

I've just got an email from Sony Germany and they told me, that the NWZ-X-Series will not be sold in Germany.

Does anybody know if that is true?
Hopefully not!

Where can I import it?

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #1,252 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.W.G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad news:

I've just got an email from Sony Germany and they told me, that the NWZ-X-Series will not be sold in Germany.

Where can I import it?

A couple of people have imported it from AMP3.

Advanced MP3 Players Sony 32GB X-Series MP3 Player

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #1,258 of 3,761
Does anyone have any idea on when its being released in Canada? I don't know if the release is the same as the US one. Also, how does the audio quality stack up to the Samsung P3 and Cowon S9. I use Monster Turbines if that's of any relevance.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #1,259 of 3,761
it is supposedly out June 29th in Canada.

Reader Digital Book - eBook Reader - MP3 Player - Bluetooth - MP3 Players - FM Tuner*MP3 Players - NWZX1060B - Sony Style Canada

But check out the frickin' price.

Depending on which province you live in, the cost is anywhere between 525 to 555 with tax.

Sony always does this to Canada.

And only the 32 gb is available...16 gb is not releasing, at least for now...three Sony Style Stores I talked to confirmed this

they will have to lower the price, no one is gonna buy it in Canada, they will just import from the USA or something, it would be cheaper. I am getting a relative to bring it across the order, I have already pre-ordered from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back