Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it WMA Lossless or WAV lossless?

Sorry yeah ripping cd, that's what i meant
biggrin.gif

You need to set WMP to rip to WAV, not wma lossless. The X doesn't support it

May 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #618 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks CN, I've really been putting this thing through it's paces and I think you'll be quite impressed
biggrin.gif
It's everything and a bag of premium kettle cooked chips! It freaks me out how good the OLED can do blacks! I have noticed the textured sides are metal and this thing has quite a bit of weight for it's size. The back seems to be made of some kind of hard plastic and the screen is glass, I ordered the official silicone case from my ebay dude frome Japan. It was 45.00 (ouch) with shipping, but I can be a clutz at times
L3000.gif
Output seems more powerful than the s639, which helps with the PFE.

Can't wait till you get it, and to hear your impressions
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Oh, and I really want to take this thing apart like all my other daps and take a good look at the IC's-but I'm scared :0

I bet it's the shiz. That's cool to hear about the richness of the blacks on the screen, but I would have to say that the main reason I got it is for sound quality, so that's a bit less of a priority for me (but I'm sure I'll change that tune once I see album art or videos on it). I'll get a clear hard case once they come out because I'll want to protect this DAP from my clumsiness too. I look forward to the accessories that come out for it.

Some good news- I just got confirmation that mine is as of today bound for the U.S. of A. I'll for sure update the thread here with my impressions.

Glad to know that it helps out with the PFE's... they really seemed to need some drive to maximize their sound.

Enjoy, I know I will be soon too.

May 28, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #619 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet it's the shiz. That's cool to hear about the richness of the blacks on the screen, but I would have to say that the main reason I got it is for sound quality, so that's a bit less of a priority for me (but I'm sure I'll change that tune once I see album art or videos on it). I'll get a clear hard case once they come out because I'll want to protect this DAP from my clumsiness too. I look forward to the accessories that come out for it.

Some good news- I just got confirmation that mine is as of today bound for the U.S. of A. I'll for sure update the thread here with my impressions.

Glad to know that it helps out with the PFE's... they really seemed to need some drive to maximize their sound.

Enjoy, I know I will be soon too.

Ya mine is for music 1st, the video is secondary. I just couldn't help notice the screen. The touch 2g screen never really gets black, it's like a dark grey
wink.gif
So when the screen edge is black, it's really black
ksc75smile.gif

Thats good news it's on it's way
wink.gif

You know a dap really is awesome when you listen to something you've listened to hundreds of times (Dream Theater Metropolis Pt2 scenes from a memory) and it sounds totally fresh and you have all those - I never heard that before! moments.

May 28, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #621 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got myself a BI version of this baby too
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

oh and does anyone have a recommendation for any video converter program that works with the X ?

There's this program which I know works with the Zune - Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter - but I'm not sure if it would work with the X, sorry!

Oh, and for anyone who's still wondering if the batch that came from Japan is any different to the ones dispatched from Europe, it's not. I tested cn11's X today side by side with mine, and they're identical in volume and power, so there...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #622 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's this program which I know works with the Zune - Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter - but I'm not sure if it would work with the X, sorry!

Oh, and for anyone who's still wondering if the batch that came from Japan is any different to the ones dispatched from Europe, it's not. I tested cn11's X today side by side with mine, and they're identical in volume and power, so there...
smily_headphones1.gif

It works
icon10.gif
Any ipod convertor will work as long as the resolution is set to 320/240.

May 28, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #623 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It works
icon10.gif
Any ipod convertor will work as long as the resolution is set to 320/240.

Oh good, I got something accidentally right then
biggrin.gif

And I agree about the blacks on the X. They're 'proper' black like my cat... not like that muddy old dark grey that looks like a dirty puddle
ksc75smile.gif

My Bravia TV has 'proper' blacks too, thanks to the adjustable backlight.

May 28, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #625 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the recommendation, I tried that software before and I know it works with my previous S616, not sure with the X too
biggrin.gif
Too bad I already uninstall it. Time to redownload!
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #627 of 3,761
Photoman, I replied to you the last time you asked, hopefully one or two more people will have filled their players too
smily_headphones1.gif

Now, ever the controversial, seeing the ongoing discussion of lossy vs lossless, what to rip etc... I swear that with all of the gubbins inside of this player that that question is quite moot, you just don't need to use up an extra 1091kbps to put wavs on over 320kbps rips...

Try some high quality 320kbps rips in a real world environment and you will find that on the X, the quality of the recording is far more important than how it was ripped... Try it, you might just like how many more albums you can fit in!

Again, this is the first PMP I have had where I can say that
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #628 of 3,761
320kbps sounds great to me. Just for info my amazon serial number is 2270, so still in the first 2800...

May 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #629 of 3,761
Good Mornining,

Quick one. This device supports uncompressed lossless as in WAV files right? If so, why are you all not syncing your files in WAV to get lossless playback? Is it because of the size of a WAV per track? On average, my Flac tracks are 30MB-40MB each. Or, is it becasue you would have to re rip your CDs again, which would be too time consuming for you all? I am confused???

I ordered my 16GB yesterday from Amazon. I also ordered a pair of Audio-Technica ATA CM700 earbuds for £60.

Thanks,

May 28, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #630 of 3,761
Well speaking for myself only, I find high bitrate lossy files (-V 0) to be transparent enough not to actually care about portable lossless listening. Some people can make do with a couple of albums at a time, but I can't. I travel frequently and I find not having to resync frequently a huge convenience.

I do keep a FLAC archive on my ThinkPad and external harddrive for easy transcoding and desktop listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back