I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
May 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #661 of 3,761
It only works with the supplied headphones unfortunately....

May 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #663 of 3,761
I think that was discussed, and thought to be the case early on, but proved out to not be the case.

May 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #664 of 3,761
darn - that was going to be the reason I'd get it
frown.gif

whats the point of the NC "mic" on the unit itself then ?

May 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #666 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
darn - that was going to be the reason I'd get it
frown.gif

whats the point of the NC "mic" on the unit itself then ?

The mics are on the headphones itself. The hole next to the ANC switch is the reset hole.

May 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #667 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marrioh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know a decent program to encode/rip dvds to an X series friendly format?

I do mine the hard way... First I rip my DVDs to my external harddrive using DVD Decrypter, then use something like PSP Video 9 to encode the large MPEG2 vob file into a 320x240 friendly video (AVC - baseline profile level 1.3 only). It is a two step process, but I do it anyway because I tend to archive my DVDs onto my external drive anyway. PSP Video 9 allows for batch conversion as well and has support for multi threaded CPUs.

May 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #668 of 3,761
I am so glad i didn't have any spare time last week, otherwise i would cancel my order and went to JL to pick up x1000 asap
smily_headphones1.gif

In the meantime, I am still awaiting for the amazon delivery, hope x1000 is delivered tomorrow.
On a bright note, i think i am hungry to try something new instead of my trusty pair of S5Pro.
Do you prefer fx1000 to UE 5 and 10? What about fx1000 vs W3?
Thanks!

Does anyone know where to order fx500? i found only couple of ebay sellers who ship worldwide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duncan, I have to agree that they sound damn good. The more I listen to them, the more I wonder where that clarity comes from. Honestly, I haven't heard that from a dynamic driver before, and when I go back to the W3, before I've had time to adjust to the sound again, they sound almost compressed in comparison, like viewing a jpeg alongside a TIFF or something.

Yes, I've lost the plot totally, jpegs and TIFFS??? But really, they've ben getting 80% of my listening time. I can't listen to guitars on the W3 after the JVC without screwing my nose up in disgust, and like you say, they go so well with the Sony
ksc75smile.gif

May 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #670 of 3,761
I gave in tonight finally also and ordered from Amazon and should get the
X-1060 before 1pm Saturday!

Once i get some tunes on it i will also post my findings what it is like with IE8's, E500's (my fav iem) and Akg 702's with Double Helix cable (totally obliterates the stock cable!) going through a Naim Headline 2 amp and NPXC power supply.

Just hope that granite finish is not as bad as some pictures make it look as i love the Black Ice version, but an extra £200 is not worth it just to get a preffered finish, i could buy another walkman for that almost!

Looking forward to this remarkable sound it produces from what all you guys are slabbering over at the moment! as i recently picked up a A829 to replace my A818 and noticed a big difference in sound Q between them, so can only imagine what the X1000 will sound like....

I was considering getting the much rated RSA Mustang P51 amp, does this mean i now don't have to get one as the X1000 is that good, as obviously the good price of £230 on the Sony is still £230 which ever way you cut it and do i really need to spend another £300 on getting a portable amp or should i look at these favourably reviewed synergetic FX500's instead??

One question to you guys that have the FX500 & the IE8's; is the FX500 better than the IE8's sound Q with the X1000 considering the cost gulf between the two?

And how soon before the Officaial Sony accesories for the X1000 be available?

Wish i ordered it a few days ago now, would of had it by now : (

Written whilst jamming on my A829 -> Naim -> 702's.
k701smile.gif

May 29, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #672 of 3,761
@ Mors

I am in a similar situation as yourself. I already have an iPhone 3G and will be selling it to get the OLED iPhone next month. I will most certainly be carrying two devices around. You get the best PMP in the iPhone and one of the best DAPs in the Sony. Also, I always carry my DAP in my hand as I always change tracks. I certainly would cringe to carry something like the iPhone in my hand, due to its size, especially when travelling to St. Pauls everyday!

@ Soozie

May I ask how you will be returning your JVC's to the Apple store, asumming they have been used in your ears?

@ Everyone with the Sony

I got my Sony last night, loaded some 400kbs AAC Metal and I am struggling to hear a difference between it and the Samsung P2? I was wondering what settings everyone is using, EQ, what Clear modes and all.

Cheers.

May 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #673 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Mors

I am in a similar situation as yourself. I already have an iPhone 3G and will be selling it to get the OLED iPhone next month. I will most certainly be carrying two devices around. You get the best PMP in the iPhone and one of the best DAPs in the Sony. Also, I always carry my DAP in my hand as I always change tracks. I certainly would cringe to carry something like the iPhone in my hand, due to its size, especially when travelling to St. Pauls everyday!

@ Soozie

May I ask how you will be returning your JVC's to the Apple store, asumming they have been used in your ears?

@ Everyone with the Sony

I got my Sony last night, loaded some 400kbs AAC Metal and I am struggling to hear a difference between it and the Samsung P2? I was wondering what settings everyone is using, EQ, what Clear modes and all.

Cheers.

That's spooky! I work round the corner from St Pauls square! lol

Back to getting this and the iphone - the next iphone will be good, but I think the audio quality will only be on par with the touch (not so good) and I really can't see it getting an OLED screen. Really can't. Not at that price-point.

I think I'm gonna end up buying this bloody X series of Amazon today :s

May 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #674 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's spooky! I work round the corner from St Pauls square! lol

Back to getting this and the iphone - the next iphone will be good, but I think the audio quality will only be on par with the touch (not so good) and I really can't see it getting an OLED screen. Really can't. Not at that price-point.

I think I'm gonna end up buying this bloody X series of Amazon today :s

I am only buying the new iPhone if it gets an OLED screen. Otherwise, I will keep my currrent iPhone 3G. I don't use my iPhone for music. I only use it as a phone and watching films etc.

If I am not convinced with the Sony X series this weekend, you can purchase mine. I got it from Amazon too yesterday and rather than pay postage sending it back, you can meet me at Paternoster Sq. and trade!

May 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #675 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodflowerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Everyone with the Sony

Cheers.

Never heard the P2 so I can't comment about it, but I always disable the audio enchacement technology on my Walkmans. Even the EQ is disabled, as I love the sound of the IE 8 un-EQed. Anyway are you saying that the P2 sounds exactly the same as the X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back