I have 100 dollars and need In-Ears, recommendations?
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

LankySwag

New Head-Fier
I'm a huge Hip Hop head so that's what I listen to. I listen to it through an iPod/iPhone, what would be the best headphones?

Thanks for your help, I've looked through a couple guides and was so confused, I felt its be easier to talk to y'all directly.

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:
I'm a huge Hip Hop head so that's what I listen to. I listen to it through an iPod/iPhone, what would be the best headphones?
Thanks for your help, I've looked through a couple guides and was so confused, I felt its be easier to talk to y'all directly.

which kind of a sound would you like to get? The strongest bass? a more balanced sound?
If you want the strongest bass, I'll recommend you the Hippo VBs, as the poster above me suggested. They have the strongest and most powerful bass out of all of the IEMs that I've ever tried.

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 21
The FXD80, Turbine, Yamaha EPH100, EX310 are good match for these genres music with tight punchy bass.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #6 of 21
I would go with a pair of Brainwavz M2 and add in a set of Comply T-400 foam tips.  The total cost will be $100 or less and the sound and durability you will receive will be quite rewarding.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 21
Lanky, you can get confused here as you can anywhere else because each member likes what they like and you'll wind up with more options to choose from. I find this link helpful, because the author, ClieOs, has separated all kinds of IEM's by sound properties. You'll find the area dedicated to bass and see images and succinct, brief, yet incisive descriptions of each.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-rha-ma-350-added-june-23th-2012

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:
I would go with a pair of Brainwavz M2 and add in a set of Comply T-400 foam tips.  The total cost will be $100 or less and the sound and durability you will receive will be quite rewarding.

For good price, I just ordered the ViSang R03 off Amazon, the same earphone as the Brainwavz M2 (see the discussion following the review). 

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

which kind of a sound would you like to get? The strongest bass? a more balanced sound?
If you want the strongest bass, I'll recommend you the Hippo VBs, as the poster above me suggested. They have the strongest and most powerful bass out of all of the IEMs that I've ever tried.

A balanced sound really. Because too much base can really kill the soulful samples in songs. But too less bass can destroy the flow of a whole song.

So really good bass, yet not overpowering, know what i mean?

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 21
Aug 17, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #12 of 21
Significant difference. I just got some Soundmagic E10s for my 12 year old son. I was really impressed with the bass over what one gets with freebie earphones. Check out the fantastic testimonials they got over at Amazon UK
ir

. And these are only $35 from Amazon here in the US. 

Here's another list that might help you to review earphones: http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/01/list_01.html

Ok thanks

Still looking for headphones. I'm thinkin about the Brainwavz

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 21
There's been too many problems with channel imbalance on Hippo VB these past six months.You would be better off looking at Monster Turbine on Amazon or something like Fisher Audio Eterna. I would avoid VB due to their on-going problems recently. Other than that they would of been a decent choice. Turbines have the bass you want and will perform better sonically then VB does anyway. I've had both keeping the Turbines.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:
There's been too many problems with channel imbalance on Hippo VB these past six months.You would be better off looking at Monster Turbine on Amazon or something like Fisher Audio Eterna. I would avoid VB due to their on-going problems recently. Other than that they would of been a decent choice. Turbines have the bass you want and will perform better sonically then VB does anyway. I've had both keeping the Turbines.

Might cop them and comply tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back