I hate snow
Dec 26, 2012 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Argyris

Head-Fi's third most long-winded poster.
It's snowing outside. It's dark and miserable. Later on tonight, or tomorrow if it doesn't end by nightfall, I will have to shovel 4-7" off a 100 foot driveway, knowing full well it will probably snow at least three more times this winter.

It ain't fun anymore. They don't even close school for it now that I'm in college.

Snow sucks. That is all.

Thoughts?

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 28
Hope you enjoy it, or else it'll suck just as much for you as it does for us.

Another thing I forgot to mention. Nobody around here knows how to drive after the first snow of the year. You'd think they would, considering they live here and it's not exactly a secret that Michigan gets snow in the winter most years. Last year was a blessed and unusual exception.

But no. It's incredibly dangerous out there on the roads, not just because of the weather, but because of the other drivers. Thankfully I haven't got anywhere to go immediately, and after a day everything will be salted up and it'll be fine.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 28
I love snow 
biggrin.gif
 I'm from California so snow is awesome for me. Sadly no one here in Minnesota likes snow as much as me 
frown.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:
I love snow 
biggrin.gif
 I'm from California so snow is awesome for me. Sadly no one here in Minnesota likes snow as much as me 
frown.gif

I guess it's a novelty to people who grew up in places where it doesn't usually snow. I used to think it was fun, too, when I was younger. Of course that was partly because heavy snowfall often resulted in school closings. Unfortunately, it's considerably less fun and novel when you have to clear it from a long driveway half a dozen times in a season. My best friend loves to kid me about that, and he loves snow. He also lives in a townhouse and has about five feet of walkway to shovel, so it's a little different for him. I'm not sure if it snows in Pakistan. His family moved here from there when he was ten, and I just realized I've never asked him about that. I could look it up on Wikipedia, but where's the fun in that?

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:
But no. It's incredibly dangerous out there on the roads, not just because of the weather, but because of the other drivers.

Exactly how I feel, exactly!  It's not me I'm worried about, it's alllll theeeeese other people here in Columbus.  Granted I've had the Civic on the snow tires and was ready, but these people are infuriating around here.  2 mph on main street?  I can't idle that slow, so I'm burning the clutch off.  And the road is only wet and barely slushy!  C'mon!  30 mph on the freeways, which are only wet!  Sure we just got dumped on with about 5 inches, and it's the first snow of the year, but seriously people?  C'mon!

And that apparently wasn't a good enough rant, cause I'm still hating these people.  
angry_face.gif

Grrrrrrrr!  
angry_face.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 28
Here in VA snow happens on occasion, but how bad it is is 50/50. Light snow, life goes on. Moderate+ (for VA), everything shuts down. I like it for the day off but I hate how everything closes like it's the second coming.

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 28
I lived in Kalamazoo for 5 years so I know about snow, "lake effect" snow to be more precise. I hated it. But the worse part of Michigan winters is the COMPLETE lack of sun. From December through March I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of sunny or partly sunny days. It gets really depressing. I live near Charlotte, NC now,  there is a lot of winter sun, it may snow once or twice but it's melted by mid afternoon and the day-time temp is around 50, give-or-take a few degrees. I so don't miss Michigan winters.

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #9 of 28
Up in Cleveland life carried on almost always.  We did what we had to do!

Down here in Columbus, half inch, panic!

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 28
The funniest thing is Minnesota gets snow every year but no one here knows how to drive in it, even if it's only a few inches.

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

How does one know?

After driving in the snow most of your life knowing is expected.
Every time it snow there's hundreds of accidents and cars in ditches.
I know crap happens but that's not the case here, it's the way they drive, like they're impervious to snow because they drive an all wheel drive.

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #14 of 28
There is never snow here in Texas, maybe you should move here. :p But I LOVE snow (probably only because it only snows here every 3-5 years).

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 28
We get snow here, but it is pathetic, as it doesn't get cold enough. I actually wish it would snow properly and cover the place. Not that anyone knows how to drive in snow here either, but at least for New Years it could give us something to remember. Of course, now I'll have jinxed myself and it will happen just as I school starts again and I have to drive to the other side of town to teach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back