I had a can of Red Bull and a half hour later i fell asleep!
Jul 19, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali
Recently I have been feeling really tired so I thought, why not try an energy drink. I bought a four pack of Red Bull and drunk one of the cans (250 ml). I lay in my bed, ready to be energized and feel alert, to my surprise I had fallen asleep, and I woke up really grouchy. Today I drunk another can, and I felt nothing different. No surge of energy no mental alertness - nothing!

A cup of medium coffee has an instant effect on me, and makes me alert right away, so no, I'm not caffeine tolerant.

I give Red bull two thumbs down.

Edit: Please someone fix the title: it supposed to be 'I had a can of red bull and half-an-hour later I fell asleep!

See another indication that Red Bull is not working.
smily_headphones1.gif

A large cup of black coffee (>12oz) has more caffine than the 8oz Redbull, plus the coffee costs less (well if you make it yourself). Oh coffee tastes better too!

Jul 19, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #47 of 55
Quote:

I bought a four pack of Red Bull and drunk one of the cans (250 ml). I lay in my bed, ready to be energized and feel alert, to my surprise I had fallen asleep, and I woke up really grouchy. Today I drunk another can, and I felt nothing different. No surge of energy no mental alertness - nothing!

Red Bull is a $3 soda, not a magical baggie of Crystal meth. Just because the commercials say you'll grow wings and have a 9 foot phalus should clue you in that it probably doesn't do anything.

Jul 19, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #48 of 55
I fully agree with the last comments. red Bull is a gimmick and I will not waste money on energy drinks again. I'd rather drink sports drinks for their nutritional values.

Jul 20, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #49 of 55
lol sports deinks have nutritional values? since when? look at the back of that gatorade or powerade or whatever your drinking, none of that stuff is good for you (its mainly sugar water). its ment only to replace what your sweating off + give you some sugar for energy. for those of us not working and sweating it ends up in the toilet (except the sugar which can usually be seen as the fat on your abdomen)

as for energy drinks go, redbull is weak, as are most of them. bawls tastes good but i usually need three or so for any effect. as for lethal doses of caffiene, dont worry its above 3000mg iirc, that would mean like 30 energy drinks (i know we were talking about ephedra but i figured id add that)

Jul 20, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Do Red Bull and Bawls even have caffeine in them? I thought it was gaurana and some other stuff... not to mention sugar.

Bawls uses Gaurana, red bull has modified caffeine products. Bawls gives me a bit of a buzz, red bull does too, but it tastes really bad. Bawls at least has like a coconut taste to it.

Jul 21, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #51 of 55
Hahaha... Red Bull gives me good memories.
Field trip from school (band) to Victoria, my friend bought a four-pack of Red Bull along with 2 cans and drank it all within an hour. My friends and I watched him play DDR; it was possibly the funniest thing ever. (daily dose recommended: 1 - 2 cans maximum)

The next day...

He was hung over from Red Bull.

Jul 21, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #52 of 55
Ooh, nice thread! fyi, idk if Redline has been mentioned in here yet, but...don't drink it. It's made to make your muscles spasm until they're exhausted. Actually, that's be a good and sick prank to pull on somebody before their PE class
cool.gif

Monster fyi. The way I see it, it's literally twice the size of a Monster for a few cents more, and it kept me up for 6 hous w/o even yawning...Red Bull made me yawn after an hour or two.

I almost threw up my first can of energy drink (Monster) but after the second one, I love it more and more!

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:20 AM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
lol sports deinks have nutritional values? since when? look at the back of that gatorade or powerade or whatever your drinking, none of that stuff is good for you (its mainly sugar water). its ment only to replace what your sweating off + give you some sugar for energy. for those of us not working and sweating it ends up in the toilet (except the sugar which can usually be seen as the fat on your abdomen)

as for energy drinks go, redbull is weak, as are most of them. bawls tastes good but i usually need three or so for any effect. as for lethal doses of caffiene, dont worry its above 3000mg iirc, that would mean like 30 energy drinks (i know we were talking about ephedra but i figured id add that)

The LD50 for caffeine is 10 grams, btw.

-Matt

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #54 of 55
Quote:

I lay in my bed, ready to be energized and feel alert, to my surprise I had fallen asleep, and I woke up really grouchy.

You probably shouldn't get in a sleeping position and except to feel "alert," energy drink or not! Anyway, energy drinks are scary. I like water.
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #55 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
The LD50 for caffeine is 10 grams, btw.

-Matt

Yeah, but I've heard of people going into 'ceisure-like' convulsions at around one gram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back