I had a can of Red Bull and a half hour later i fell asleep!
Jul 13, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #17 of 55
I'm a fan of Full Throttle myself. I guess they kind of make you more alert but I really just like the way it tastes: like delicious sugary chemicals
biggrin.gif
. Dont like the way Red Bull tastes at all.

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #18 of 55
Jay, what'de yout hink of the Bawls I gave you? I.E. did you feel any effects?

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilkin
Dunno about Red Bull, but several years ago (back when caffeine/ephedra were still
cool.gif
in supplements) I gave a friend one of my Ripped Fuel capsules, per his request. This guy was known to love Pepsi, btw. He took the Ripped Fuel, then just lay down and took a nap.
confused.gif
The Red Bull story reminded me of this.

Ripped Fuel was weak compared to some other things you could legally buy.

Ephedra was banned for a while becuase some kid in NYC decided more is apparently better in terms of dosage.

I myself have been a stim junkie at times by taking around 200-300mg of caffiene while some other people can tolerate 1g.

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #21 of 55
Monster green FTW. All others seem to have little affect on me.

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #22 of 55
Redbull in of it's self can only do so much, it's just caffeine and supplements...you can get similar effects for cheaper with a shot of espresso, but usally I have about 3 shots in the morning
smily_headphones1.gif

I have used up to 4 cans of redbull during a 14 hour workday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
most energy drinks are really good with vodka!

If mixing it with alcohol, I like it with Bacardi 151, good way to start a night out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #23 of 55
i gave red bull a try right before an important business meeting and to my surprise, it is making me more tired. i had to push myself within to stay awake and soon afterwards my head hurts... i'm not touching red bull again, unless its 3am in the morning and i need to fall asleep quicker. and i did get the sugarfree version that day too. i guess this stuff works for some and not for others...

Jul 13, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #25 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
i gave red bull a try right before an important business meeting and to my surprise, it is making me more tired. i had to push myself within to stay awake and soon afterwards my head hurts... i'm not touching red bull again, unless its 3am in the morning and i need to fall asleep quicker. and i did get the sugarfree version that day too. i guess this stuff works for some and not for others...

Yes, that's very interesting. It seems feeling drowsy after having a Red Bull is not that uncommon, and interestingly you had the sugar-free version.

Jul 15, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #26 of 55
definately prefer the Monster Green, although ive only been drinking water for the past few weeks and feel alot more alert with more energy. too much sugar is really a bad thing, AFAIK the pancreas releases alot of insulin to counter the high blood sugar and thats why 30minutes later you feel tired. make it too routine and diabetes might come into play.

BTW Jager-bombs sober me up.

Jul 15, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #28 of 55
AMP is definitely my choice for an energy drink. It tastes jstu liek green jello and who doesn't liek jello. It's hard to find and when you do find it, it can be $7 for a four pack but its the best drink out there

Jul 15, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #29 of 55
If anything, i drink Monster, but don't find it of much use. I tried snorting caffeine pills at one time, but there are better ways to stay alert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back