I had a can of Red Bull and a half hour later i fell asleep!
Jul 15, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #31 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
most energy drinks are really good with vodka!

I've heard they can also cause some weird effects, so I've strayed away from trying that. Although I do like vodka drinks at times, I'll stick with fruit juice and/or soda mixed in with mine.

As for energy drinks themselves, I've found Monster Khaos energy juice to be my favorite. Regular Monster works good, too. But yeah, once the "high" is over, I'm ready to go to sleep. I try to get energy drinks that have a good mix of B-vitamins in them since they do help me feel better overall. Full Throttle and other energy drinks that have almost no vitamins or anything except sugar, caffeine, and taurine just don't do much for me except make me sick to my stomach.

And yes, I am one of those people that can fall asleep after having an energy drink, even my favorite ones. I have a very high metabolism and run off of nervous energy a good part of the time.

Jul 15, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #32 of 55
When I lived in South Africa, there was this energy drink called 'V'. It's the only one to affect me in any way, and then too I felt a sort of high/buzz. Bawls has no affect at all, but has a very nice and subtle fruit taste, but I've had it a total of 3 times-- too pricey
biggrin.gif
. For me the best energy drink is a 591ml bottle of coca-cola but that stuff has waaaaay too much sugar in it, so I rarely drink it.

So for the late night assignments I drink Twining's Irish breakfast tea straight with no milk/sugar/lemon, 2 cups and I can go for the entire night.

Jul 15, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #33 of 55
stay away from energy drinks if you can. they'll f- you up bad.

i've tried them all. every kind. i used to rely on them for my frequent late night cram sessions. the most potent ones usually taste the worst. the best tasting for me is Monster Khaos (orange juice monster) and the worst tasting ones, any of the Sobe drinks. worst kick, bawls. strongest kick, Red Jak.

i got to the point where even 2 or 3 cans did nothing for me. i had to have at least one a day to be normal. if i didn't have it i would have bad headaches. i laid off them for a couple weeks when a semester was over and it was one of the hardest things my body went through. i would literally have cold sweats and chills and night. my head would pound and i'd have bad shakes with my hands. caffiene addiction.

they're ok every once in a while, but nothing energizes u better than a good night sleep and eating right. i found out the hard way.

Jul 15, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Nice Guy
AMP is definitely my choice for an energy drink. It tastes jstu liek green jello and who doesn't liek jello. It's hard to find and when you do find it, it can be $7 for a four pack but its the best drink out there

Yeah, but look what it does to your typing!
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #35 of 55
It's amazing how alrert and healthy you feel when you drink the reccomended 8- 8oz. servings of water per day. This also relies on the size of the individual.

For example, yesterday I ran about 3.5 miles, then I was outside all day working the New England humidity. I drank about 1.5 gallons of water yesterday afternoon alone.

All those drinks are really bad for you. I'll admit I'm guilty of having a few fo them during the school year, when 50+hour consecutively are spent working, but I greatly try to avoid it by observing proper eating habits.

Jul 18, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #36 of 55
Yesterday I seriously overdosed on Ephedrine: 200mgs! I made a big mistake. I found the all herbal capsules at a gas station, and was curious about trying them. Although the recommended dosage is 1-2 capsules, I took 4 because I am used to large doses of caffiene not affecting me that much. I know this is stupid logic, it is a different drug altogether but I was being dumb. I waited about 30 minutes and nothing much happened so I took 4 more! Slowly, the drug started to kick in, and what happened after was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had. I certainly have never experienced stomach pain/cramps/nausea that bad before. I was vomitting all afternoon and the whole night, and unable to sleep. I was shaking, shivering, and sweating buckets and my heart was beating fast and irregular. I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. I had to ask my parents for help, and would have ended up in the ER if I had not refused it. I was feeling bad enough and didn't want to go to a hospital. I also was pretty sure I would survive, no matter how terrible I was feeling. It is now been 24 hours, I managed to sleep a little, and feel much better, but am still a bit jittery and crampy. This stuff is WAY more potent than caffiene/energy drinks. Either way, from this 'humbling' experience I have decided to stop using all energy drinks and switch to green tea. I urge people to stay away from this stuff if you aren't using it for real medical reasons.

I admit to being extremely stupid but I felt like sharing this.

Jul 18, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
If mixing it with alcohol, I like it with Bacardi 151, good way to start a night out
smily_headphones1.gif

Ratio?

Jul 18, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #38 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbucla2005
Yesterday I seriously overdosed on Ephedrine: 200mgs!

For the love of god, 200mgs!?
blink.gif

I'm glad you're ok but that was VERY irresponsible.

This is the reason ephedra was taken out of fat loss products, people kept taking more assuming they would lose fat faster.

The bottle you bought probably had 20-25mg and 200mg Guaifenesin/pill, which helps loosen mucus and for people with asthma.

Another reason I don't like E is the adrenal fatigue it brings about during long usages....

I have heard stupider things like people taking 1g of DNP, mixing alcohol with MAO-I's (btw, don't take E with Alcohol).

Jul 18, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
For the love of god, 200mgs!?
blink.gif

I'm glad you're ok but that was VERY irresponsible.

This is the reason ephedra was taken out of fat loss products, people kept taking more assuming they would lose fat faster.

The bottle you bought probably had 20-25mg and 200mg Guaifenesin/pill, which helps loosen mucus and for people with asthma.

Another reason I don't like E is the adrenal fatigue it brings about during long usages....

I have heard stupider things like people taking 1g of DNP, mixing alcohol with MAO-I's (btw, don't take E with Alcohol).

Actually its herbal supplement that contains Ephedra, Kola Nut (caffiene,) White Willow, Aloe Vera, Ginkgo Biloba, Hawthorn, Ginger, Fo-Ti, Saw Palmetto, and other inactive ingrediants. Each capsule contains 24mg of naturally-occuring Ephedrine and the 'serving size' is 1 capsule. I took 8 and forgot to mention I also drank half a can of Rockstar with it.
blink.gif
I think I could have died or something had I taken another 100mg or so...

Jul 19, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Hmm, weird.... name of this supplement?

And 100mg ALONE is more than enough to kill a person.

Herbal Nitro Energy - Herbal Nitro Inc. (888) - 763-2837 www.herbalnitro.com

Should it be illegal?

Jul 19, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #43 of 55
They don't have it anymore...

All their products without a doubt push the limits of almost being legal. Looks like they replaced ephedra with yohimbine.

Jul 19, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

And 100mg ALONE is more than enough to kill a person.

You sure about that? I used to know a guy that popped ephedrine and caffene pills in college like candy...

Anyone know what the dose they use in the hospital is when they use it to prep patients? Or is it no longer used to help keep breathing passages open?

Jul 19, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #45 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
You sure about that? I used to know a guy that popped ephedrine and caffene pills in college like candy...

Anyone know what the dose they use in the hospital is when they use it to prep patients? Or is it no longer used to help keep breathing passages open?

That's what it's used for.... that is what it SHOULD be used for...

And I think the guy was doing a E/C or even E/C/Y stack. He might have been popping those pills but never more than 75mg E/ 200mg C at a single given time.... more spread out through the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back