I had a can of Red Bull and a half hour later i fell asleep!
Jul 13, 2006 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

wali

1000+ Head-Fier
Recently I have been feeling really tired so I thought, why not try an energy drink. I bought a four pack of Red Bull and drunk one of the cans (250 ml). I lay in my bed, ready to be energized and feel alert, to my surprise I had fallen asleep, and I woke up really grouchy. Today I drunk another can, and I felt nothing different. No surge of energy no mental alertness - nothing!

A cup of medium coffee has an instant effect on me, and makes me alert right away, so no, I'm not caffeine tolerant.

I give Red bull two thumbs down.

Edit: Please someone fix the title: it supposed to be 'I had a can of red bull and half-an-hour later I fell asleep!

See another indication that Red Bull is not working.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali
Recently I have been feeling really tired so I thought, why not try an energy drink. I bought a four pack of Red Bull and drunk one of the cans (250 ml). I lay in my bed, ready to be energized and feel alert, to my surprise I had fallen asleep, and I woke up really grouchy. Today I drunk another can, and I felt nothing different. No surge of energy no mental alertness - nothing!

A cup of medium coffee has an instant effect on me, and makes me alert right away, so no, I'm not caffeine tolerant.

Edit: Please someone fix the title: it supposed to be 'I had a can of red bull and half-an-hour later I fell asleep!

smily_headphones1.gif

Try out Bawls. I found red bull sucks too, tastes like pee (although I am not guilty of testing that liquid in all honesty), and overall isn't worth the price. Bawls isn't much greater price wise, but I did find it does wake me the hell up (I went to the Hamilton meet with 0 sleep and was still active at 11 pm.)

Then again, I shouldn't even be drinking any of these drinks. I'm a kid, and caffeine is just awful for me, so yeah.

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali

smily_headphones1.gif

Try the sugarfree redbull
wink.gif

the thing about all energy drinks is the crash your body exibits from the consumption of all that sugar
eek.gif
which puts you to sleep or shuts you down instead of picking you up
redface.gif

But hey, everyone's body chemistry responds differently to various foods/beverages

Hope this helps

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 55
I always thought Bawls was only for US market, but I went to their web-site and it seems a grocery store down the street from where i live carries it!

I'll try Bawls next, I'm well on my to energy-drink addiction.

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 55
Do Red Bull and Bawls even have caffeine in them? I thought it was gaurana and some other stuff... not to mention sugar.

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #9 of 55
I tried this stuff called Red Rain once...I really liked the taste of it compared to Red Bull and it perked me up just as well. All those type of drinks getting me going...

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #10 of 55
The sugar in the energy drinks can put you to sleep. I still prefer the drinks with sugar vs. the sugar free versions. The best energy drink I tried is called GURU and it's 100% natural, sweetened with fruit juice and made with pure guarana extract, which is much better than pure caffiene IMO.

I suspect though that caffiene can have a relaxing effect, since it can clear the mind. Combine that with a lot of sugar and it might just put you to sleep if you are already tired. It has happened to me a few times. It probably also depends on how much caffiene you usually consume in a day. Me, I'm totally addicted!
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I tried this stuff called Red Rain once...I really liked the taste of it compared to Red Bull and it perked me up just as well. All those type of drinks getting me going...

A store near where I live is selling off their stock of this stuff for 99 cents [canadian] a can. Maybe I should stock up.
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #13 of 55
I prefer Monster energy drinks. FWIW, I've never found any drink, energy or otherwise, to make me alert. I can easily fall asleep after drinking coffee.

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 55
Red Bull spelt backwards is Llub Der which, as we all know, is Welsh for "Rip Off"

So, there you have it.

BTW: If you want to stay awake eat those chocolate covered coffee beans... you'll be wired!

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #15 of 55
Dunno about Red Bull, but several years ago (back when caffeine/ephedra were still
cool.gif
in supplements) I gave a friend one of my Ripped Fuel capsules, per his request. This guy was known to love Pepsi, btw. He took the Ripped Fuel, then just lay down and took a nap.
confused.gif
The Red Bull story reminded me of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back