I found a lot of people here may be from china
Aug 23, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #121 of 167
Maybe.. We don't actually have to decide till quite late. I haven't decided.

Aug 23, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #122 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chinese
smily_headphones1.gif
My parents are from Hong Kong. Dad is from Sha Tau Kok, and my mum is from somewhere close to there. However I am 1/16 Jamaican...yes it's random but I am. My great great grandma was jamaican.

So you're Black, ever been stopped by the police here for no particular reason at all
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #123 of 167
^ I know Asians who have. Racism against Asians is actually pretty bad here, from my experience its taken much more lightly than racism towards Black or White. I believe ignorant prejudice against anyone should be treated equally.

Aug 23, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #125 of 167
Mass, USA

Don't get me wrong, the state isn't necessarily full of jackholes (I hope), but racism/classism are still prominent issues.

Aug 23, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #127 of 167
^ I hear Asians really like bunnies... but not in a good way.

Aug 23, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #129 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by policeman0077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am shanghainess,too
atsmile.gif

I had Shanghai noodles once in Chinatown. Does that count? Do Shanghai noodles always taste like noodles with ketchup poured all over them? Mine did and it was horrible.

Aug 23, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #130 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mass, USA

Don't get me wrong, the state isn't necessarily full of jackholes (I hope), but racism/classism are still prominent issues.

I can't say I've noticed that here, but I'm young and don't look terribly Chinese (I'm only half). I hope I never have to deal with it =/

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #131 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by gunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had Shanghai noodles once in Chinatown. Does that count? Do Shanghai noodles always taste like noodles with ketchup poured all over them? Mine did and it was horrible.

Whoa. No. Actually, there's no such dish as "Shanghai Noodles" as far as I know. But there are many wonderful noodle dishes from Shanghai (which is not really an independent cuisine, but that's another story).

Now, stewed Shanghai pork or pork belly, there you're talking real Shanghai food. Or xiao long bao, the amazing Shanghai soup dumpling. Or a marvelous concoction of pickled vegetables, silky tofu, and century egg. Or an unadorned plate of small freshwater shrimp. Or the stunning Shanghai hairy crab. Mmmm...Shanghai food.

Shanghai food is savory and delicate, not at all like what you describe.

The original ketchup is Indonesian, I think, not Chinese.

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #132 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not Chinese but I am taking refuge in Hong Kong.

I'll be in Hong Kong in about a month. If you're interested in getting together, PM me.

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #133 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by gunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

shanghai cusine usually called "benbang cusine" is the youngest cusine in china with a histroy of more than 500 years.like all other cusines in china shanghai cusine takes aroma,colour,and taste as it three essential elements.
it particully emphasizes in the seasoning ,the texture and quality of raw material.
and the Plain Noodles is the most famous noodle in shanghai thought shanghai cusine is not very famous for its noodle.i think what you said is much more like italy noodle(though i have not eat yet but have seen on TV).
and the noodle of the Plain Noodles is made by the flour mixed with egg.the soup of the Plain Noodles is chicken soup.and some egg roll wrappers will be put on the noodle.
here is some picture about plain noodles

if you come to shanghai someday i will recommend you squirrel sharped mandarin fish and the Nanxiang steamed meat dumpling.Nanxiang Steamed Meat Dumplings are small in size, with thin and translucent wrappers, filled inside with ground pork and rich tasty soup. The Squirrel-Shaped Mandarin Fish is yellow-colored and squirrel-shaped, with a crispy skin and tender meat, all covered with a sweet and sour source. They are absolutely tasters’ choice. I bet you will like them.

Nanxiang steamed meat dumpling

Squirrel-Shaped Mandarin Fish

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #134 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't say I've noticed that here, but I'm young and don't look terribly Chinese (I'm only half). I hope I never have to deal with it =/

Well I'm predominately Southeast Asian, and we're basically treated like thugs. I've been to restaurants where they didn't want to and even outright refused to serve us; and customers would walk out after we sat down, only to stare at us and say something negative. Teachers would accuse us of being gangsters, and threaten to force us out of school for stupid reasons. We'd get bullied and attacked at school, and teachers would assume we started it. Other students would use racial slurs and stereotypes against us in class, and teachers would just pretend they didn't hear it. (When they obviously did) I was jumped in the elementary school courtyard right at the end of school in front of numerous adults. None of em did a damn thing. We get followed around and accused of stealing at stores. I go to a local state college, and I've had older people speed up after seeing me walking behind them. I also get asked for my ID a lot on campus.

I've seen how detrimental this is to our community. Kids at 11 years old having to band together because they're getting bloodied up. Some end up becoming monsters, damaging their own families and community. If you were a parent, how would you feel to see your young boy coming home covered in blood and bruises? Watching as day by day, that once innocent kid loses more and more of his humanity, until he eventually he turns on you.. with a knife. These kids don't believe a future (past 18) for them exists, since that's what society's told them time and time again. And death is rarely feared, hell, it's even something to look forward to.

Asians in general are portrayed fairly poorly, being shown as weak, submissive, effeminate, unattractive, (and in regards to women) loose. Society accepts this view, yet stands morally hard against negative White/Black/etc. stereotypes. I've seen many people come to our neck of the woods and try to punk us, thinking we'd just take it like the others. Here, many South East and East Asians come from war-torn areas where disrespect is answered with violence. And yes, some of them do grow up becoming spiteful towards non-Asians, hate breeds hate.

We do know there are a lot of good, caring, people out there who aren't prejudiced. For every bad teacher, cop, store employee, there's compassionate ones who truly want to help all regardless of color or creed. Sadly for many of us, they're rarely the ones we seem to encounter.

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #135 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Racist! lol

I don't think that applies to all Asian-Americans....

Actually, I'm very offended by your posts.

firstly i am very sorry for i said "they may mostly japaness not chinese" bucause i am not in american.

but for the second sentence"but you konw japanese is very open though they may looks very traditional.
and they have an incredible pron industry.this can't be accpected by chinese " i think its reality.japan really boast a huge adult video industry.and you can search the japanese word "女優" in yahoo.jp and you will find a lot of results if you can read japanese.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in MA, and the asian girls have a tendency of being too promiscuous. Lot of em end up with STDs/kids by guys who don't even consider them people.

and what do you think about this? do you think the "promiscuous " is a good word? i did not even know this word after i picked it up on dictionary.you consider jiapan,korean,malaysia..... is not in asian?in my point of view Kirosia is much more offending apparently. and you seems didn't offened by him? just for him living in american ? i doubt you are much more a Racist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back