I found a lot of people here may be from china
Aug 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #151 of 167
I'm at Leicester uni, which has a lot of international students so don't confuse me for one of them lol, from Birmingham originally though. 50% Asian?! That's insane! On the subject of Chungs, Alexa Chung who used to present T4 on Channel 4 is fittttttttttt
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #152 of 167
^ That reminds me, why does every female Asian news reporter on American TV have a big head?

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #153 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the subject of Chungs, Alexa Chung who used to present T4 on Channel 4 is fittttttttttt
tongue_smile.gif

Surprisingly does not look asian to me....well at least other mixed models do.

And jelt, if you're going to Wharton, is Shanghai just for fun?

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #154 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, and he sent me one requesting that I delete my post.

Dear policeman, I respect your opinions, but I disagree. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway on to more happy (head-fi related) thoughts.. I bought my IBasso D10 in Shanghai yesterday.. awesomeeee!
smily_headphones1.gif

i didn't send a request you to delete your post.if you think i request you to delete your post obviously,you can't understand chinese.the private message i sent to you explained why i disagree you. and chinese is one of the offical language in singapore(if i am not mistaken),may be you can find one translate it for you.

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #156 of 167
Quote:

BTW policeman, you're probably the expert on this.. Other than soundec and anrun, where else would be a good place to go in Shanghai for personal audio?

you may go to BaiNaohui or TaiPingyang in XuJiahui.There are a lot of store sell headphones but the good and evil may mixed up.so you may be very
careful. And BaiNaohui and TaiPingyang are also famous for its cumputer diy service and selling digital products

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #157 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by policeman0077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i didn't send a request you to delete your post.if you think i request you to delete your post obviously,you can't understand chinese.the private message i sent to you explained why i disagree you. and chinese is one of the offical language in singapore(if i am not mistaken),may be you can find one translate it for you.

Chinese is not an official language in Singapore. Malay is our national language, and English is the language of politics- the lingua franca. Perhaps I do need some help translation: here is the sentence in his original PM to me, since I suspect many others understand Chinese in this specific thread:

"反正我马上会要求把这个帖子删掉的。" Actually he's right, he doesn't ask me to delete my post. He says he will submit a request to have it deleted. I stand corrected.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #158 of 167
Quote:

you may go to BaiNaohui or TaiPingyang in XuJiahui.There are a lot of store sell headphones but the good and evil may mixed up.so you may be very
careful. And BaiNaohui and TaiPingyang are also famous for its cumputer diy service and selling digital products

Thanks! I live nearby and I've been there many times, but you're right, it's too complicated for me to navigate.

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #159 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surprisingly does not look asian to me....well at least other mixed models do.

And jelt, if you're going to Wharton, is Shanghai just for fun?

Summer internship.

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #160 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ That reminds me, why does every female Asian news reporter on American TV have a big head?

Hey hey there.. let's keep it PG ok, no x rated stuff here.

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #161 of 167
Quote:

Chinese is not an official language in Singapore. Malay is our national language, and English is the language of politics- the lingua franca. Perhaps I do need some help translation: here is the sentence in his original PM to me, since I suspect many others understand Chinese in this specific thread:

"反正我马上会要求把这个帖子删掉的。" Actually he's right, he doesn't ask me to delete my post. He says he will submit a request to have it deleted. I stand corrected.
smily_headphones1.gif

"反正我马上会要求把这个帖子删掉的。" here the “帖子”means the thread i submited and what your submit is “回复”(reply). what i mean is delet the thread totally include the theard and replt.i think the mediator didn't understand what i meant because of my poor english.

hey your chinese is not bad,but you may browe more chinese forum such as erji.net to learn more chinese cyberspeak.^_^

Aug 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #162 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm at Leicester uni, which has a lot of international students so don't confuse me for one of them lol, from Birmingham originally though. 50% Asian?! That's insane! On the subject of Chungs, Alexa Chung who used to present T4 on Channel 4 is fittttttttttt
tongue_smile.gif

Ah right. I wonder if I've ever seen you before in Leicester
ph34r.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #163 of 167
Quote:

Thanks! I live nearby and I've been there many times, but you're right, it's too complicated for me to navigate.

you are welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #165 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah right. I wonder if I've ever seen you before in Leicester
ph34r.gif

Are you at Wyggeston College? The one right next to the uni? If you see me in Leicester then it's most likely on the way to uni/the library or on a night out. Seems like a such a distant life, being a college student, goodness I don't need reminding that I'm supposed to behave and think like a responsible adult!
duggehsmile.png

Quote:

PG means what?

Stands for 'Parental Guidance', basically meaning a child has to be accompanied by an adult if they are to view some form of media, usually a film or television programme. Don't worry, dj_mocok is just subliminally telling us what websites he's on when not on Head-Fi
atsmile.gif
Not that I know anything about that kind of stuff. Hey mocok, I've got a ticket free for Bangkok if you want in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back