I don't know how badly this'll go down here, but BOSE On Ear Headphones...
Feb 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Marcos

Head-Fier
not a joke, the only headphones that have ever blown me away in terms of bass. I don't understand how or why and i'm not going to question it, they simply deliver so much more punch than any other full headphones i've tried, including Beats Solo.

All the other Bose headphones i tried, disappointing and overpriced, but these ones are nuts, everyone i get to listen to them, on FLAT EQ, blown away.

Anyone have a technical/scientific reason why Bose can make headphones deliver so much punch and retain quality? I've tried all sorts of Sennheiser and Sony etc, they never seem to make it deliver sound thats akin to standing in front of the band playing live. Do you know what i mean? I know some of you guys are purists about balance and bass, but my take is, when i'm watching live music, my body is getting attacked by bass, and i want my headphones to deliver that power.

Anyway, if you're a bass head, go try some of these at a shop with your own music, i would have never believed it without trying it

ps, also extremely comfortable with soft leather pads

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you tried Sony XB500 (except for BestBuy because the source they use there seems to remove the bass), they pack A LOT of punch and has probably similar signature with very forward/powerful/engaging sound, plus I bet they will have better soundstage than those Bose.

Mar 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 3
Interesting, might convinve a friend to try those on a budget, would be an interesting comparison. I'm sure the Bose are more comfortable and foldable, but i'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back