I did it - turned off signatures today...
May 28, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #61 of 69
I'm hoping I have a signature with enough great gear some day to force me to take a hard look at turning it off!!

May 28, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well.. if we're going to start comparing sizes...
very_evil_smiley.gif

dude...I am nigerian...I doubt yours will....
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my honest opinion, most signatures are just pure and utter noise. Turning off that noise was a good idea.

Edit: Like your Rothko avatar.
wink.gif

Thanks, can't beat Rothko, and I agree. It's amazing how few signature I can actually recall now that the switch is flipped. That must mean, for me, they're not that important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldt
f you turn off signatures, you won't know what gear is being used. so if somebody says that "all amps sound the same" you can't really bash them unless you see in their sig "Apple iBud".

Well, if they're really due a good bashing, one could always click on the profile to collect ammunition. That's what I do, well not to bash anyone, but when I'm curious for some backgroud info.

I don't care if people use sig's or not. But, I'm glad I can flip them off! Try it.
k1000smile.gif

May 29, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #66 of 69
I always browse in dumb mode. Er... I have images and ads turned off.
I haven't turned off sigs. Not sure why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=17861

petition this guy to make his sig shorter. i tell him to make it shorter every time i see him post
tongue.gif

Good Lord! You know it's bad when his "Additional Information" says "see signature".

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did I turn off the my pm box? Simple, if you really need me, you can find me....otherwise, don't bother contacting me.

Are you the Phantom?

May 29, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #67 of 69
The only problem with turning off sigs is that I won't know when Patrick is back. For sure his first words back will end up as someone's sig and then I don't have to stay glued to the members lounge.

May 29, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #69 of 69
Great option there viro, pointing out sigs can be turned off. So that the many need not be constantly offended by what others unaware, use as personality, humor, identity and information.

I agree it can be overdone at times here, but page down keyboard input, rather than wasted and tiring scrolling past the so termed agravation, is also an accomedation the so offended might employ.

Ahhh to only long for the good old days....

Some of these avatars in their sillyness, are unessential too , gosh dang it...j/k

These emoticon and their useage should likewise be regulated, somehow, but that's for another thread, later....

Sorry for constantly agraviating the many with what I thought of as entertainment, in keeping with the general theme of the site.

It's a useful remedy you suggested so that fewer folks here need not be pizzed off and constantly aggravated.

kudos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back