I did it - turned off signatures today...
May 24, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #31 of 69
<suggestion>

Rules for sigs:

* Font size max 2, preferably 1.
* Lines max 10.
* No [ QUOTE ] -tags
* No more than 3 different colors

</suggestion>

Sigs are fun to a point. But when it starts to mess the actual posts and threads, and make it difficult to read, they are annoying.

May 24, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #32 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<suggestion>

Rules for sigs:

* Font size max 2, preferably 1.
* Lines max 10.
* No [ QUOTE ] -tags
* No more than 3 different colors

</suggestion>

Sigs are fun to a point. But when it starts to mess the actual posts and threads, and make it difficult to read, they are annoying.

I can agree with the above. I think some rules for signatures would be a good idea indeed. Some of the members here have such threadwracking signatures that it is indeed slightly disturbing in my opinion.

May 24, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #35 of 69
Great move virometal! I recently turned off sigs and pm's and head-fi is a better place without them for me. Some of the sig's I was seeing recently were just flat out obtrusive and obnoxious (wow, two words starting with ob...). It's bad enough having to deal with those damn ads on the right side. Head-fi is becoming clutter-fi lately...

Why did I turn off the my pm box? Simple, if you really need me, you can find me....otherwise, don't bother contacting me.

May 24, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #36 of 69
You guys need to get bigger monitors...at 1920x1200 soon to be 2560x1600 the amount of space head-fi takes on my screen is paltry...

May 24, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #39 of 69
Isn't the average male signature 5 to 7 inches? Oh, wait, that's something else.................

May 24, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great move virometal! I recently turned off sigs and pm's and head-fi is a better place without them for me.

Ah, a fellow traveler; right on brother! It's good I'm not alone. Usually I am. At least on Saturday night when I take myself to dinner and a movie.
orphsmile.gif

May 24, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #41 of 69
Virometal - in Oklahoma, heh? I should be back in time to go to the big OU-Miami game this year. I grew up in Norman, but I own property in Lawton- a fate not so cool. Norman was way cooler when I was a kid.

May 24, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #42 of 69
^ Yeah, we had a conversation when my avy was a Sooner. If you attend the Miami game, we should hook up. I'll be there no matter what.

Norman is a college town. It's probably good that you outgrew it.

May 24, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #43 of 69
^ Probably, but I miss home. We will definately hook up, I bought the tickets long in advance.

Cheers,

Bob

May 24, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #44 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I hope you keep your profile updated as well! When I was new, they were interesting. But now that I'm old and grizzled, I find them more annoying than anything.

Thanks for the reminder - my profile is updated.

May 24, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #45 of 69
Reminds me of a field trip I took to an industrial dry cleaning service. Their largest clients were hospitals. There were clean white sheets everywhere. Flippin' the switch on the sigs reminds me of that place.

Totally unrelated, one of the things I'd like to see before I die is Selma Hayek hanging my whites on a cloths line in my back yard. She should have on a white cotton dress. The wind should be blowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back