I did it - turned off signatures today...
May 23, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #16 of 69
I just made my signature fatter. I like seeing what people use here, so I know if they share my taste or not. Rather than having to go through their system, etc.

May 23, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #17 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG, I turned off signatures and now my computer doesn't have to render all that useless text and MY HEADPHONES SOUND BETTER!!!....

Did you do a double blind test?
icon10.gif

May 24, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #20 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we do have a max size, jahn's sig was grandfathered in
tongue.gif

Actually I think it's a maximum character count given some of the obnoxious fonts and spacing that I've seen in some sigs.

May 24, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #21 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Want some more control? It's called adblockplus for firefox
wink.gif

Good call.

--
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator
virometal, I refuse to post in any threads you participate in starting

I like that. Stick to your convictions! Lucky for you, I don't start many threads, and they're not very interesting.
biggrin.gif

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
I just made my signature fatter.

Well I hope you keep your profile updated as well! When I was new, they were interesting. But now that I'm old and grizzled, I find them more annoying than anything.

There are some large blank spots in the most recent posts. Looks like team large sig is in the house.
cool.gif

May 24, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #25 of 69
^ Well, I logged of to view it. Not bad.
smily_headphones1.gif
I like the red.

BTW, in case some haven't figured it out, this is a pretty cheeky thread. No-one should feel offended since nearly everyone on this site uses sig's.

Still, try it with them off!
cool.gif

I switched off sigs in a couple of other forums. It's amazing how quicker browsing and scrolling is.
600smile.gif

May 24, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #26 of 69
Yes, it used to be alternating blue and orange for the school colors, but that kind of got on my nerves, especially when trying to change things up. I like the red, it contrasts nicely with my links.
580smile.gif

May 24, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #27 of 69
I like my sig, small simple and only contains pertinent information. (okay, and a funny quote
tongue.gif
)

I also find sigs helpful when reading opinions by others, I don't want to browse to their profile just to see what they own. A quick sig glance works great for that in most cases.

May 24, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #28 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay guys, how would you judge my signature? Too obnoxious or a good amount of contrast and information?

tbh, it has way too much red. i just wander round the sig and dont even know what to read. it lacks focus.

May 24, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #30 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's too bad I can't turn off table breaking locations
biggrin.gif

untitled.png

I guess the avatar goes next, right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back