I currently have Sennheiser CX-300's
May 2, 2010 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

RocketTube

New Head-Fier
They're a good pair, they've done me well, I got them for a good deal and knew I wasn't getting anything high end, anyway, looking to get a new pair, I'm told to go for the Klipsch Image S4's, is it a substantial upgrade in terms of audio quality?

I'm in Canada, and very limited in my purchase options, as I don't have a credit card, so it's really just retail stores that I can choose from, much harder to find desirable headphones in retail stores.

Anyway, if you guys have any other suggestions, if the case is that this upgrade may not be significant, throw them out there, I'm not looking to exceed $200, as much as I know that limits me.

May 2, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 18
In terms of mainstream availability, the S4s are good. There are better earphones out there, but most of them aren't readily available in stores.

Can't comment specifically on the difference between the two's performance, but I would expect it to be fairly substantial.

May 2, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 18
I also found the Monster Turbines in Futureshop, but $179 is steep for buds that apparently have a rather strange fit, but if anyone can attest to their audio quality and say whether or not it makes up for that, I'll consider it, but as I said, it's pretty steep.

May 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 18
use GamesForCanada.com service (any item you want, not only games), they do package forwarding from the US. Their customer service is top notch.

May 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
use GamesForCanada.com service (any item you want, not only games), they do package forwarding from the US. Their customer service is top notch.

Do you have personal experience with them? Is it a complicated process?

May 2, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketTube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also found the Monster Turbines in Futureshop, but $179 is steep for buds that apparently have a rather strange fit, but if anyone can attest to their audio quality and say whether or not it makes up for that, I'll consider it, but as I said, it's pretty steep.

The fit of the Turbines is not that difficult IMO, but $180 is about twice what they're worth to me.

May 2, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmmmm.... search the forums for head-direct REO.

or, go here and take a look: Head-Direct.com | YUIN

i don't do IEMs personally, but see them touted on here all the time as the best dynamics for their price.

Coming from the CX-300s, I think the drop in bass quantity (with the RE0) would be too significant.

May 2, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 18
or, heck, you can go balanced armature for less than $200.
read LFF's review of the Fischer Audio DB-02 (dual balanced armature IEM):

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...a-02-a-484569/

the Fischer IEMs have become quite a sensation in a very short period of time. for $160, you get an IEM that is being compared with other models of 3 and 4 times the price. They're a russian brand, and priced very competitively.

They can be purchased on ebay or here:Bugden Audio, Your Best Source for Fischer Audio IEMs

enjoy the reading...
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or, heck, you can go balanced armature for less than $200.
read LFF's review of the Fischer Audio DB-02 (dual balanced armature IEM):

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...a-02-a-484569/

the Fischer IEMs have become quite a sensation in a very short period of time. for $160, you get an IEM that is being compared with other models of 3 and 4 times the price. They're a russian brand, and priced very competitively.

They can be purchased on ebay or here:Bugden Audio, Your Best Source for Fischer Audio IEMs

enjoy the reading...
biggrin.gif

Very, very tempting, I'm heavily considering them. I'll glance at some other reviews before I'm certain, but that definitely caught my eye as a top contender, thanks for the suggestion.

May 2, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketTube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have personal experience with them? Is it a complicated process?

Yea i bought my coppers through them during the dell sale, quite a few members around bought the coppers through GFC too. It is really really easy.

May 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #13 of 18
I have used GamesForCanada as a Canuck, and while my package is still in the mail, all my contact I have had with them has been great.

May 3, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #15 of 18
I'm going to try and get a paypal within the next 2 weeks, which will open my options up vastly, I am used to bassy headphones, but I also have an MP3 player with excellent EQ settings, the Samsung YP-P4, and as much as I tend to avoid EQ altogether as much as I can, the post processing is excellent if I want my brain to get pummeled with bass, so even if I got more neutral headphones, I could up the bass settings if I wanted. Thing is, I really just appreciate the clarity compared with standard earbuds, which I had before switching to the CX-300's, I'm not a bass monger or anything.

Anyway, I'll look into the Hippo VB's, and I'll see what I can learn about the gamesforcanada process, thanks for the further advice, all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back