I can't keep doing this!(rant)
Feb 18, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 32
It is a compulsion and probably can qualify as a sickness...but I got it to and as someone else said. At least your selling stuff!

But the music is sounding so good on my new ultrasone hfi 780's
smily_headphones1.gif

I am gonna try and not buy anything now, even I was contemplating some iem's last night. oh well...

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 32
the only thing that remained through out my Head-fi career is the PA2V2, XP amp and EMU 0404usb. bought them new and never let them go since theyre so good for a "budget" rig.

The headphones however.. just look at my sig =)

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try speaker fi
wink.gif

X2 that should keep you eating Ramen noodles for years to come
cool.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #20 of 32
Back when I had the Darkvoice I was a bit crazy tube rolling. Now I have my SS amp I am pretty content with what I have. I guess I have just found my sound.

Maybe it is time for you to really invest in some music, instead? Learn to broaden your musical horizon. Imo is much worthier than the never ending quest to find the "perfect" system.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #22 of 32
Electrostatics are no refuge - look at my sig and ask why I would want to build yet another fully balanced _dynamic_ amp - at north of $2k in parts, with $1k in Lundahl iron... <sigh>.

AND, a nextgen Blue Hawaii - the flavor is no matter - it is the thrill of burned parts, smashed dreams, and, at the end of the day, having something you love.

Then, keep looking.

Welcome to Head-fi - sorry about your mullett.

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or it might just be a craving for new toys. At least that's my problem
biggrin.gif

Same here...at least when I have money to burn.
evil_smiley.gif

I have no urgent wants atm.

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #26 of 32
to me, this is a symptom of gear-fi... not hi-fi. still, as long as you're not hurting anyone, go for it and enjoy.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't stop myself from buying and selling gear. It is a very vicious cycle and I am thinking about leaving when I start my full time job in June. I came here as a freshmen in college and it was innocent and fun...now, I can't stop myself from selling off everything and buying everything else.
biggrin.gif

You think you're going to be able to stop once you get a job and the resulting increase in disposable income? Get real!
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #28 of 32
At least you sell stuff! Some of us just buy stuff...

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #29 of 32
The ability to recoup most of our money through buying then selling is one of the plus of this hobby. Some of the members have prices so tempting that I can't resist, and don't.

Well here's to empty wallets, and eargasms.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well here's to empty wallets, and eargasms.

I'll drink to that!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back