I can't keep doing this!(rant)
Feb 18, 2008 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
I can't stop myself from buying and selling gear. It is a very vicious cycle and I am thinking about leaving when I start my full time job in June. I came here as a freshmen in college and it was innocent and fun...now, I can't stop myself from selling off everything and buying everything else.
biggrin.gif

In November, I had the k701 and 325i. December, the SA5000, HD650, RS-1, W5000. Now, I have the k1000, one of the best headphones ever made and I am contemplating selling it. Why? Because people pm me asking if I would like to sell off my gear.
biggrin.gif
It's also because I continue to read all of these post stating how much of an improvement blah blah blah is over my current gear.
biggrin.gif

I am happy with the k1000 but now I'm toying with the idea of dumping it and building a nice rig around the W5000(which I actually prefer to the k1000). Next thing you know, I'll be toying with the idea of getting rid of the new rig I don't even have yet. There is no way I am going to make it in June with a real salary. I am only temporarily satisfied and then I want something different(not necessarily better)/newer.

Anyways, guess I'm just ranting and there is no way to get around the buying and selling. What keeps you guys sane? lol Is there anyone out there who has had their rig for a year or longer? Or are u guys just as insane as I am? lol

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 32
My K-1000 and HP-2 stop'd me from upgrading for the most part

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 32
I've been stable for a few months on my home rig...although contemplating a few upgrades. Portable rig - lets not talk about it < shame >.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 32
good luck not wanting to venture into electrostatics.

Seriously, many have this stigma on the boards..it is the regrets years later that such members resent most (i.e. me parting ways with systems constructed around rare birds like the r10, 010, NOS K1000, etc)

Those are the memories that rock me the hardest, and which have me wishing I had not ventured in other directions yet leave me scratching my head most. Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't stop myself from buying and selling gear. It is a very vicious cycle and I am thinking about leaving when I start my full time job in June. I came here as a freshmen in college and it was innocent and fun...now, I can't stop myself from selling off everything and buying everything else.
biggrin.gif

In November, I had the k701 and 325i. December, the SA5000, HD650, RS-1, W5000. Now, I have the k1000, one of the best headphones ever made and I am contemplating selling it. Why? Because people pm me asking if I would like to sell off my gear.
biggrin.gif
It's also because I continue to read all of these post stating how much of an improvement blah blah blah is over my current gear.
biggrin.gif

I am happy with the k1000 but now I'm toying with the idea of dumping it and building a nice rig around the W5000(which I actually prefer to the k1000). Next thing you know, I'll be toying with the idea of getting rid of the new rig I don't even have yet. There is no way I am going to make it in June with a real salary. I am only temporarily satisfied and then I want something different(not necessarily better)/newer.

Anyways, guess I'm just ranting and there is no way to get around the buying and selling. What keeps you guys sane? lol Is there anyone out there who has had their rig for a year or longer? Or are u guys just as insane as I am? lol

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #8 of 32
im new, my problem is i dont want to spend any less than £150 or more than £250 on anything,

i also cant make my mind up on stuff, ive got this list in my head of all the things i want, it never gets shorter, im also attracted to metal looking things, like the 325 grados, a900ti, anything shiny!

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 32
I think that we are all insane, just in our own individual ways.

It sounds to me that you are just curious about everything that's out there and want to try it all. There is nothing wrong with that, but it does lead to your rant.

I'm sure that you are aware of what YOU want out of a system. Maybe just set your sights on that, go for it, enjoy it and remember that if that urge to sell and buy comes along that you're not alone, we're all right there with ya'.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 32
So pretty much....we are all crazy. lol I'm just wandering if we are our own worst enemy in a sense, by not letting ourselves enjoy the setup and psychologically tricking ourselves into thinking that there is something better out there.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #13 of 32
I'm going to be done soon. Total damage by Head-Fi: $600. It's modest or even little damage considered by people but I am happy with my home setup.

I don't really care about my portable rig because I want it to be portable so I don't carry anything but my DAP and Koss KSC-75.

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #14 of 32
well compared to other hobbies like speakers or tvs or even cars headphones seem like peanuts, so you can always take comfort in that
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyone out there who has had their rig for a year or longer?

Yes, I still have my k701 / Head-Five after well over a year!
biggrin.gif

But I did cheat and have had several cans and amps pass through here in that time as well. It just so happened that the 'new stuff' left and the k701/H-5 remained.

Now the k701 are once again in jeopardy as the RS1 is in da house.

So, yes some of us are (pretending) to be immune
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back