I bought one...did you?
Jul 1, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #46 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by matrixxhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does visual voicemail really work w/T-mobile?

I have no issues. Even the interface between switching callers and merging them (3-way calling) works out fine.

I haven't found anything quirky yet....

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #47 of 83
How much does your friend charge to unlock the phones? Since you can buy the phones without signing up for a contract, that would mean anyone could buy one, unlock it, and use it with their GSM provider. Exciting!

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #48 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by deza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did somebody say they wanted pictures? Here you go then:

0630071.jpg

I hope you enjoyed that picture because it's just a tease. The iPhone doesn't work with a lineout to the Tomahawk. ALSO... and here's the kicker... You can't even use your fancy-shmancy IEM's like the Shure e500pth on just the headphone out. You can see that the plugs are different with an additional band on the headphone that comes with the iPhone. See here:

0630072.jpg

WAY TO GO STEVE JOBS!!! THANKS FOR LETTING THE HEAD-FI TEAM DOWN. STEVE JOBS IS NOT AN AUDIOPHILE. HE IS JUST A BUSINESS MAN BASKING IN HIS RICHES OF HIS NEW CASH COW, THE IPHONE... who also likes to dress in black and have his fruity employees dress in black too. hmm...
mad.gif

DAMN!! that was exactly what I wanted to do with the thing! Oh well looks like i will not be getting one if I can not use the line out for audio.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #49 of 83
You can use the iPhone dock connector with most line out devices (it works with BMW cars, for instance, and with the iPod HiFi), so there must be something wrong with that particular LOD. I see no reason why someone couldn't make a line out that works.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #50 of 83
I dunno what he does to unlock them, but apparently it's a pretty tedious process on the iPhone...or so he told me. I know he screwed up one figuring it out cause it has something to do with flashing the firmware/os....

But I do however know, the mark-up on an iPhone is absolutely rediculous....

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #51 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got six because a buddy of mine works at Apple corporate...

Apple corporate gives out free products like candy to those high enough in the chain. Believe it or not. He ended up with around 15 or so for "promotional and personal use", I bought 6 from him. They are the same exact iphone you get in the stores, cept I got them early.

I have a buddy who does nothing but unlock phones and sells them. So, the boxes are opened to unlock them, but the phones are unused otherwise.

Mine works fine on TMobile and I've yet to find something that doesn't work which is what usually happens when you unlock phones.

I haven't heard of anyone unlocking one. How did the guy figure out how to unlock it the day it was released?

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #52 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by matrixxhw View Post
Does visual voicemail really work w/T-mobile?

I have no issues. Even the interface between switching callers and merging them (3-way calling) works out fine.

I haven't found anything quirky yet....

I'm totally calling shenanagins on this. I work for AT&T, you are not using Visual Voicemail on T-mo's service and I know this for a FACT. We had to deploy new Voicemail servers SPECIFICALLY for the iPhone's visual voicemail to work. I also know that you CAN NOT unlock these phones (as of yet anyway). Until I see pics with your name & the date represented by a newspaper showing it unlocked and working with Visual Voicemail then you sir are an f'n LIAR!
mad.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #53 of 83
I bought two and other than the needing a headphone adaptor, and the fact that you can't delete more than one e-mail at a time, this is unquestionably the best phone I have ever used! Love it! When Apple does something they take no short cuts. This phone for version 1 is simply wonderful.

Jul 1, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #54 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can use the iPhone dock connector with most line out devices (it works with BMW cars, for instance, and with the iPod HiFi), so there must be something wrong with that particular LOD. I see no reason why someone couldn't make a line out that works.

My Turbodock works with my iPod 5.5G, but not with the iPhone, so something is definitely different. Of course, someone could undoubtedly figure out the pin-out and market an iPhone LOD, but the point is they should be the same as iPod, and they apparently are not.

Jul 1, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #55 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Downrange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Turbodock works with my iPod 5.5G, but not with the iPhone, so something is definitely different. Of course, someone could undoubtedly figure out the pin-out and market an iPhone LOD, but the point is they should be the same as iPod, and they apparently are not.

Someone in the other thread said that it works with his Griffin car adapter, and it definitely works with some existing car docks (e.g. BMW), so some LODs definitely work. I doubt the pinout changed. More likely is that it expects another pin to be grounded that isn't in the Turbodock. I'd imagine this is to reduce or prevent interference, given that the iPhone has two radio transmitters.

Jul 1, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #56 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone in the other thread said that it works with his Griffin car adapter, and it definitely works with some existing car docks (e.g. BMW), so some LODs definitely work. I doubt the pinout changed. More likely is that it expects another pin to be grounded that isn't in the Turbodock. I'd imagine this is to reduce or prevent interference, given that the iPhone has two radio transmitters.

This makes a great deal of sense, to me.
lambda.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #57 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by cc2096 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm totally calling shenanagins on this. I work for AT&T, you are not using Visual Voicemail on T-mo's service and I know this for a FACT. We had to deploy new Voicemail servers SPECIFICALLY for the iPhone's visual voicemail to work. I also know that you CAN NOT unlock these phones (as of yet anyway). Until I see pics with your name & the date represented by a newspaper showing it unlocked and working with Visual Voicemail then you sir are an f'n LIAR!
mad.gif

Visual voicemail....maybe we're thinking different things. I'm not quite sure.

Is this where all your messages are displayed at once and you can pick the one you want to play? If so, then it works, if it's not, then I guess it doesn't work.

Think what you want...but I have sold 3 already without complaint.

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #58 of 83
Quote:

Visual voicemail....maybe we're thinking different things. I'm not quite sure.

Is this where all your messages are displayed at once and you can pick the one you want to play? If so, then it works, if it's not, then I guess it doesn't work.

Think what you want...but I have sold 3 already without complaint.

Yes that is the visual voicemail and again this is totally BS unless we see some pics. It is special software on the SERVER side that allows visual voicemail to work, T-mo DOESN'T HAVE IT.

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #59 of 83
Meh...whatever you say. I'm not going to buy a newspaper, or take the time to get multiple voicemails and take pics (even if I had a camera atm) mid voicemail just to show you it works or prove you wrong. We'll just say, if you're that confidant at it, keep thinking that way it doesn't bother me any.

Like I said, I've sold 3 already, with a money back gaurentee that it will work fine....nobody has wanted thier money back, and has had a full day to play with it. The guy I got to unlock them is indeed a shady character. I didn't question how it worked, all I know is, he had one and his was working, so I asked him to unlock mine.

Jul 1, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #60 of 83
I'm thinking shenanigans on this one too. You are making claims that seem unreasonable at this point. No one else but you has an unlocked iPhone, yet you have absolutely no way to back up your claims? I'll eat my words if I see proof, but right now... smells like BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back