I bought one...did you?
Jun 30, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #31 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by deza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did somebody say they wanted pictures? Here you go then:

I hope you enjoyed that picture because it's just a tease. The iPhone doesn't work with a lineout to the Tomahawk. ALSO... and here's the kicker... You can't even use your fancy-shmancy IEM's like the Shure e500pth on just the headphone out. You can see that the plugs are different with an additional band on the headphone that comes with the iPhone. See here:

0630072.jpg

WAY TO GO STEVE JOBS!!! THANKS FOR LETTING THE HEAD-FI TEAM DOWN. STEVE JOBS IS NOT AN AUDIOPHILE. HE IS JUST A BUSINESS MAN BASKING IN HIS RICHES OF HIS NEW CASH COW, THE IPHONE... who also likes to dress in black and have his fruity employees dress in black too. hmm...
mad.gif

the third band is for the microphone on the included set duh!. If you dont need to talk and just want to listen, standard phones work just fine though as noted the jack is narrow and recessed. I had to use an extension cable because of the plug on the phones

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #32 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C'mon, if you got two iPhones, use one iPhone to take a picture of the other!
biggrin.gif

I have 6 phones cause I bought them to sell them. I'm NOT going to use them. They're unlocked though...which is NOT the case when you buy from Apple
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #34 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 6 phones cause I bought them to sell them. I'm NOT going to use them. They're unlocked though...which is NOT the case when you buy from Apple
smily_headphones1.gif

I was under the impression that they weren't producing any unlocked versions.

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #35 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmyers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was under the impression that they weren't producing any unlocked versions.

They didn't...but I'm using mine on TMobile as we speak....
redface.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #36 of 83
so, are you going to keep beating around the bush or are you going to tell us something useful? how do you unlock the phone? i'm guessing things like visual voice mail don't work?

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #37 of 83
We aren't talking about six "iphones" from some Chinese company are we? That would sort of explain how you got six of them and they are unlocked. Otherwise this is quite unbelievable.

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #39 of 83
got one / love it (other than needing an adaptor for my UEs)

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #40 of 83
I thought it could be the linksys one too, but that's a VOIP phone and he says his is on t-mobile. I've seen a few sites saying that they will unlock iPhones now, but still, that doesn't explain how he got six.

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #41 of 83
wait, a line out dock doesn't work with it? APPLE LOSES.

Jun 30, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #42 of 83
I waited in line at the Sherman Oaks Apple Store for three hours last night to get my 8 gig. I've never had a cell phone before, so a lot of this is new to me. But even without a manual I figured almost all of it out intuitively. The design of this thing is just about perfect. No klunkiness at all. The integration with the address book, email and safari on the Mac is astounding. In a minute, it sync'ed and created all the email accounts, contacts lists and bookmarks on the phone. The contacts sync backwards from phone to computer as you add numbers too. Surfing the web with it is a LOT easier than I expected it to be, as is typing. Battery life is very good. With only 8 gigs of memory, this isn't going to replace any of my iPods, but it sure is handy and it does a million different useful things.

Just like the iPod was a completely different animal than a Walkman; the iPhone is a completely different animal than either an iPod or a cell phone.

If you want pictures of anything, see gizmodo.com or apple.com. Just about everything has been shown. But if anyone has any questions or wants to see something in particular, I'll see what I can do.

See ya
Steve

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #44 of 83
I got six because a buddy of mine works at Apple corporate...

Apple corporate gives out free products like candy to those high enough in the chain. Believe it or not. He ended up with around 15 or so for "promotional and personal use", I bought 6 from him. They are the same exact iphone you get in the stores, cept I got them early.

I have a buddy who does nothing but unlock phones and sells them. So, the boxes are opened to unlock them, but the phones are unused otherwise.

Mine works fine on TMobile and I've yet to find something that doesn't work which is what usually happens when you unlock phones.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #45 of 83
Does visual voicemail really work w/T-mobile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back