I bought one...did you?
Jun 30, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #16 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by syndrome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You bought.. A couple? Money up to your ears? :p

They're unlocked too :)

I have 6 others....

Strong points? Well, the SQ is a a little better than the video with my UM2's...NO HISS.

Haven't gone online yet(don't have that service), the nevigation is about as easy/good as it is in the commercials. Although, the touch screen is REALLY sensitive...

It's pretty trendy....I wish I had a camera to take pics, but my GF took it with her on her vacation...

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #17 of 83
meh, not interested. Just a big marketing scheme IMO.

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #18 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not exploit the opportunity then? Nothing stupid about that.

No, hes saying jackasses to the people on ebay who would pay that much. Durr. And I agree lol.
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 83
Congrats man!!! I hope you didn't have to wait in line for that. I am going to sit this one out. First versions from Apple is often a "beta" version so I will wait until their third version of iPhone. In the meanwhile, my new Blackberry Curve will be holding me up very nicely.

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #21 of 83
Got one also.

So far the interface is beautiful, the sound is well.... an ipod which to my ears is very good (no hiss with etys 4p by the way)

Web browsing is slow compared to my treo, but flies when there is a wifi connection.

Phone quality, adequate. A bit muffled and phasy on occasion so far.

Initial envy factor from those that have seen me with it, off the charts...

I expect that to last all of about two weeks considering the truckloads the apple store I got mine at seemed to have
wink.gif

I cant take a picture since I am away from home

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #22 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're unlocked too :)

really? pray tell how you did that ?
blink.gif

I have 6 others....

you have 8 IPhones? That's like $5000 or so with taxes...

Strong points? Well, the SQ is a a little better than the video with my UM2's...NO HISS.

Haven't gone online yet(don't have that service), the nevigation is about as easy/good as it is in the commercials. Although, the touch screen is REALLY sensitive...

I thought you had to activate it to even use it as an Ipod, doesn't the online service come with the activation? Hmm if not that kind of sucks
plainface.gif

It's pretty trendy....I wish I had a camera to take pics, but my GF took it with her on her vacation...

Doesn't it have a camera? I thought it did..
confused.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #23 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

That would be a cool trick if it could take pictures of itself.... kind of like a transformer toy
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #24 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

It has a camera, but it can only take pictures and NOT videos. There are A LOT of known flaws to the iPhone already. Here's a couple:

-Flash and java is not supported in the web browser
-Can not use instant messaging programs, only text messaging
-Doesn't use Cingular's 3G network (What???), but uses edge which is barely faster than dial-up
-No removeable storage
-No removeable battery
-Can't download from itunes wirelessly (you'd think Apple would have allowed you to download using its own software).

I think Apple is going to do what they did with the ipod....keep releasing "next-gen" fixing/adding 1 or 2 features at a time.

Jun 30, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #29 of 83
Did somebody say they wanted pictures? Here you go then:

0630071.jpg

I hope you enjoyed that picture because it's just a tease. The iPhone doesn't work with a lineout to the Tomahawk. ALSO... and here's the kicker... You can't even use your fancy-shmancy IEM's like the Shure e500pth on just the headphone out. You can see that the plugs are different with an additional band on the headphone that comes with the iPhone. See here:

0630072.jpg

WAY TO GO STEVE JOBS!!! THANKS FOR LETTING THE HEAD-FI TEAM DOWN. STEVE JOBS IS NOT AN AUDIOPHILE. HE IS JUST A BUSINESS MAN BASKING IN HIS RICHES OF HIS NEW CASH COW, THE IPHONE... who also likes to dress in black and have his fruity employees dress in black too. hmm...
mad.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #30 of 83
Actually, reading around it looks like you have to buy an adapter for the headphone to fit in the iPhone since it is quite recessed. Well, at least the upper-end IEMs will work. That will do for now. Maybe Ken and Vinnie can find a way to mod it for the LOD to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back