I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jun 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #394 of 1,630
Since both DX100 & HDP-R10 are android based DAP, may I know when you watching youtube music video or games, do they perform better than Top end smartphone like Galaxy S4 or HTC one in term of sound quality?

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #395 of 1,630
Since both DX100 & HDP-R10 are android based DAP, may I know when you watching youtube music video or games, do they perform better than Top end smartphone like Galaxy S4 or HTC one in term of sound quality?
Sound quality yes, but it will be laggy as hell so I would not recommend gaming on it.

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #396 of 1,630
The Battle HDP R 10 vs DX 100 mod

DAP : IBasso Hibino HDP R 10
IBasso DX 100 Mod

SQ :

HDP R 10 more High End Audiophile sound quality
DX 100 MOD has better bass impact , the rest HDP R 10 is better In detail
Separation, midrange is sweet and ckearer, better bass detail too IMO

In your opinion based on the actual DAPs side by side comparison, you concluded HDP-R10 is a better device?

If compare HDP-R10 with Hifiman HM-901, which is a better device to select?

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #399 of 1,630
^^^
AK 120 stock vs HDP R 10

Source : DAP AK 120 stock
Ibasso Hibino HDP R 10
Iem : Tralucent Audio 1+2 with UBER cable
LCD 3 with Norse Audio Reign series

My personal opinion I like more my HDP R 10

Because the SQ very nice to my ears , very natural and very sweet midrange ,
Bass impact about the same in low gain HDP R10 .

As Stand alone DAP :
Plus point for HDP R 10 as stand alone DAP has better power than my AK 120 stock
I can drive from iems to very hard to drive headphone like LCD 3 and HD 800.

With Amping :
Between these two DAP as source , my IMO about the same SQ
Has plus and minus from headphone out .

Very important you must have very good mini to mini , for example from Tralucent Audio UBER cable or other brand

If from line out : my HDPR SQ is better than my AK 120 stock from headphone out

Minus from HDP R 10 : very big size as portable
AK 120 stock has better battery life

Like I mentioned before these two are my favourite DAP yet
The SQ different is minor , with very good iem like Tralucent 1+2 and Fostex TH 900 you can hear the SQ different

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #400 of 1,630
Thank you for the detailed comparison between HDP-R10 and AK120, rudi. I agree with your description of the HDPR sound as being very natural. Actually I love it to the point sometimes I find hard to stop listening to music ..... Did you have a chance to try HM901 and, if so, could you comment about the difference of the sound with HDPR?

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #401 of 1,630
Thank you for the detailed comparison between HDP-R10 and AK120, rudi. I agree with your description of the HDPR sound as being very natural. Actually I love it to the point sometimes I find hard to stop listening to music ..... Did you have a chance to try HM901 and, if so, could you comment about the difference of the sound with HDPR?

You are welcome
I am sorry I never think to buy HM 901 , because personally I don't like the model . :D
But Anakchan like HM 901 very much , better than any other high end DAP

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #403 of 1,630
I have a question for other users of HDP-R10 and DX100. Do you hear a difference in sound between the internal memory and the microSD card? I am asking this because I am using a 64 GB Sandisk card with wav files (strangely enough I find wav files to sound slightly better than lossless ones) and I have the impression to hear a tiny difference if I play the same identical wav file from the internal memory of from the card. I wonder if it's a real effect (some jitter?) or my imagination.

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #405 of 1,630
I have a question for other users of HDP-R10 and DX100. Do you hear a difference in sound between the internal memory and the microSD card? I am asking this because I am using a 64 GB Sandisk card with wav files (strangely enough I find wav files to sound slightly better than lossless ones) and I have the impression to hear a tiny difference if I play the same identical wav file from the internal memory of from the card. I wonder if it's a real effect (some jitter?) or my imagination.
I think that someone said that 32 gb cards sound better than 64 gb ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back