"I AM SATISFIED WITH MY HEADPHONE SETUP" THREAD!
Aug 20, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #61 of 73
I am satisfied with my gear; however, i cannot say that about my music - what a garbage of a collection I have.

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #63 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being satisfied with your setup just isnt Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

A true Head-Fi member will never be satisfied!!!!!!!

yeah! the bass is a bit flabby, the trebles a tad muffled, the mids sort of recessed...the soundstage isn't "imaging", the sound is too "digital".

just a bunch of lame excuses for their ego or wife to let the CC gods speak out
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #64 of 73
As far as dynamic cans are concerned I don’t think there’s much more I want to do for better SQ. I’m going to kick back in the next year and save some money, the only thing I would love is a qusp made cable for my HD800’s...

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #67 of 73
I think I'm pretty done now.
The tube headphone amp just satisfies my needs.
The CD player and record player are good enough for me.
With the K270P with Beyer leather pads I can get all the details I want, without losing musicality. And they are reasonable comfortable and isolating.
With the GMP250 with taped DT770 velour pads, I have a fuller and warmer sound, with great musicality. More forgiving with poor recorded material. Very comfortable too.
Both headphones are smooth and toe tapping.
With real bad and sibilant sounding records, I use the Philips. Because they are not that revealing, but still reproduce the music in a rather coherent way.
Lesser comfort though.

But there's always curiosity about how other headphones sound. So if something interesting and cheap comes my way, I will try them
regular_smile .gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #69 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being satisfied with your setup just isnt Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

A true Head-Fi member will never be satisfied!!!!!!!

There are many variations of a Head-Fi. The one that's never happy is one of the afflicted and unhealthy types. Don't listen to them or else....!!
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #70 of 73
I like what I have a lot.

PC --> Headroom Micro DAC --> Kimber cable --> Headroom Maxed Out Home with custom tweaks --> Sennheiser HD800

Great sound. The amp is great, produces a smooth yet articulate sound with a real great bottom end, and of course headroom's crossfeed. The DAC is a nice step up from the crappy world of PC soundcards, both external and internal.

No, I don't work for Headroom.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #71 of 73
Getting pretty close - think I'm going to stop and enjoy my current setup for the next while (PC-DacMagic-LDMKIII-HF-2/ESW10JPN/HD580)....but am SURE to come back for the next wallet emptying step
icon10.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #72 of 73
I am extremely satisfied with my current system. It does so many things well with very few shortcomings. I could easily live with my system a very long time.

At some point, I will be the happy owner of the vaunted Stax SR-007. Reconsideration of the remainder of my system will likely ensue. Future equipment acquisitions will then depend on the speed of economic recovery. If one believes the economy is in for a long, slow recovery, I am glad I derive much enjoyment from my current system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back