I am really annoyed about the jh16 bass statements..
Sep 26, 2010 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

wazzupi

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Pulling out the Head-Fi muscle
I don't get what people are saying when it has too much bass or alot of it etc is there more impact does it produce faster cleaner bass does it have a deeper level of bass whatever the heck it is please someone clarify it thanks. I am going nuts on a decision. *just saw the es5 reviews etc and the price is alot less....* btw who is better at custom art jh or westone lmao.

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
I find the JH16s have more bass and a warmer mid than neutral and was designed for those that want just that or stage use where bass gets washed out by noise. The 13 is about spot on. Haven't heard Westone but understand it's similar to the 13 in balance. Build shouldn't be a concern.

Really? A lot of people had build issues with JH products.

Sep 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 11
everything depends on the impressions thats why you hear alot of issues with fit... But as far as comfort and quality of the IEM it's one of the best. At least from what everyone says.

Sep 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 11
The 16's have a significant rise in the bass region that can lead to an unbalanced sound to me. The bass is clean and fast and does not overshoot the mids at all it's just that there is too much of it. That said I got the 16's with my 3a simply because I have the option to tune it like the 13 if I like and can also get the bigger bass if I like as well.

If I my choice was the 13 or 16 with an external amp and not the 3a I'd go 13 but with the 3a I'd go 16.

PS no need to get pissy and say you anre annoyed just ask for comments and leave it at that.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 11
thanks jp It's just that I don't understand why people can't put some detail in there comments about certain products they are trying to discuss especially when people come here for help and knowledge.

Sep 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
everything depends on the impressions thats why you hear alot of issues with fit... But as far as comfort and quality of the IEM it's one of the best. At least from what everyone says.

Well, yes, fit is an issue with all customs.

However, everyone does not say JH is "one of the best" for build quality. In fact, many people on head-fi have had problems and commented on this. Westone and UM have much better reputations for build quality.

Here's a professional review of custom fit iems (note that JH customs are rated significantly below the Westone ES5, which received a 10 out of 10 for build quality):
https://www.editorsguild.com/FromTheGuild.cfm?FromTheGuildid=176

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #8 of 11
it looks like the way they reviewed that build is by accessories as well.. I guess since the cord doesn't fit all the way in the iem and it isn't made of the hybrid material the westone's are that would make it not the best but I still believe they are better than most at the very least.

Sep 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 11
I have commented on both recently in the jh16 thread.

It rlly depends on  your taste, to me I have found out that the neutrality of jh13 gets a bit boring after some time and I prefer the liveliness of jh16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back