confused.gif

Quote:
hey,when's junior head-fi beat up day?

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #18 of 40

Quote:
Quote:
Found it!
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/426560/wow-i-really-need-a-life

All credit for the awesomeness goes to Happy Camper.

And I love advice threads!!! It's a sign of new recruits.

Wow...commitment, or else just a lot of posts. Four months? I'll be lucky if I make it to 1,500 in four years. I like the song...pretty good for five minutes.

...I was a curious and bored 14 year old with no life... And about 700-1000 of them were member's lounge posts...yeah kind of embarrassing. The rest were useful posts, I think. Actually I haven't visited the lounge in almost a year...I think. And I took a few breaks in between. I'm attempting to actually contribute now...I started that this year with my Copper review. And I do have quite a bit more to contribute ahead, like reviewing those Fanny Wangs (Still haven't gotten a response since I've given them my address though. But I assume it's because of the holidays.)

I just realized most of those members aren't very active anymore aside from Uncle Erik and Kiro. That reminds me. Where the heck is Krmathis? We need to contrast this new milestone of the OP with the highest poster!

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #19 of 40

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Found it!

Wow...commitment, or else just a lot of posts. Four months? I'll be lucky if I make it to 1,500 in four years. I like the song...pretty good for five minutes.

I just realized most of those members aren't very active anymore aside from Uncle Erik and Kiro. That reminds me. Where the heck is Krmathis? We need to contrast this new milestone of the OP with the highest poster!

Kr quit. Duggeh quit. Those are some serious members, too bad the Huddler made them quit. Couple of high-mileage members also got banned for some reason. But let's not discuss bans...
Also, regarding the member status thing, [Russian accent] Where my Supremus forum?

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #20 of 40
Man, I wish I could go back to being a junior. I'd bombard this forum with the same advice threads like its never been done before, showing the elitist Supremi the meaning of spam. Mods would've had no choice but to create a separate advice sub-forum.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 40

Quote:
Man, I wish I could go back to being a junior. I'd bombard this forum with the same advice threads like its never been done before, showing the elitist Supremi the meaning of spam. Mods would've had no choice but to create a separate advice sub-forum.

I'll keep suggesting this until either it happens or until somebody tells me to stop saying it. I'm not out for new members' blood or anything; I just think it would be better if advice were separated from general gear discussion. There's a difference between asking about a specific headphone or collection of headphones and citing references/previously owned cans, and asking "What's the best headphone under $100." I don't have a problem with these sorts of posts (though there are so many!), but I think they should have their own home.

In regards to post count, I always look at the join date as well. That gives me an idea how prolific the poster is.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #23 of 40

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Found it!

Kr quit. Duggeh quit. Those are some serious members, too bad the Huddler made them quit. Couple of high-mileage members also got banned for some reason. But let's not discuss bans...
Also, regarding the member status thing, [Russian accent] Where my Supremus forum?

There's only a specific amount of people allowed to see it...that was the only reason I wanted to be one...it was just a tease. I know Duggeh quit, which makes me sad, but I think there were other reasons behind that. I know Kramer went into horology (Pshhh. I love a good watch as much as the next guy (Seiko Monster here), but I can't listen to one.) Is Ken, the Good Stuff guy okay?

And I usually look at join date too, but that doesn't mean much either. Look at Joker and Anaxilus. They're pretty knowledgeable and joined after me. I know basically nothing compared to Joker.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #25 of 40

Quote:
Quote:
I thought every day was junior head-fi beat up day 
confused.gif

Quote:
hey,when's junior head-fi beat up day?

ohhh riiiggghttt....I forgot

It's like at my old high school, which was rumored to have something called "Freshman Kill Day." It was a hoax spread around the middle school to frighten the wee ickle freshies who were starting there the next year, but some parents heard about it and complained so they actually had to send students to the middle school and tell everybody FKD didn't really exist. As per the joke, stories of freshmen getting locked in lockers, strung up on flag poles, and just plain roughed up got passed around. Every edition of the year book had a page devoted to dispelling the myth.

But Junior Head-Fi'er beat up day? That's so real. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #26 of 40
It took me 3 weeks to go from junior head-fi'er to Headphoneus Supremus. I rarely ever post now. Congrats, now good luck getting Supremus.

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #28 of 40
Haha I know but I actually helped a lot of people during that 3 week time frame on Head-Fi. I think the main reason was that I was learning a lot and I had money to buy more gear so I posted a lot about my findings, answering people's questions about the same gear I had etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back