i am done playing I will only listen to my ATH-A100ti and my Max Out META42
Nov 23, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #62 of 74
Lou,

Quote:

Duncan
HI: I have nothing bad to say to you in any way. I respect all moderators and all is well. Maby I was a little harsh on those that I did aim my post at and am sorry. True that I have not heard the new cans yet but I do have high hopes for them.

I have high hope on you and your new AT-A1000 too! Will it reach you soon? Anyway, I'm very excited too, Lou.

Go Team AT!

Nov 23, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #64 of 74
Hello Lou!
smily_headphones1.gif

I know I've been away for a while. Just fully enjoying my Philips cans, as for the time being I don't want to feel sorry about my wallet yet...
biggrin.gif

Dude! You once told me that if I went for the Senn 580's I'd NEVER need another pair of cans!!!
redface.gif

I think these devils from hades who post around here already succeeded in bleeding your wallet once again!
biggrin.gif
You evil people!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers!
biggrin.gif

Alex Altorfer

Nov 24, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #66 of 74
Hello again Lou!
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, I'm still enjoying the SBC HP 800. I've never even seen a pair of 890's live, only pictures. Philips doesn't import them. Audio Thecnica, as far as I know, also lack a representative in Brazil. Only AT phono cartdridges are avaliable (though very hard to find as well).

I'm contemplating the AKG K 501 as they're easy to find here and are significantly cheaper than the Senn 600s. I've auditioned them at the fair back in August and found that they sound beautiful. People in the forum complain that it lacks bass though, so I'm worried about that.

I'm still using my old crappy Radio Shack receiver with my old crappy locally built CD player. That's gonna change though, in a few months some good money is gonna kick in and I'll definitely get a new stereo, and that's gonna be all the components at once not one piece at a time.

So, how's your German Shepherd?

Cheers!
Alex Altorfer

Nov 24, 2002 at 1:41 AM Post #68 of 74
Lou,

Very interesting. How's your experience with closed headphones? Aren't they supposed to sound worse than open cans?

No girlfriend yet. If I had one she'd drag me someplace far away from the computer on Saturday evenings...
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Alex Altorfer

PS: I've posted questions on a TEAC CD Player over at the source section of this forum and no one's posted any replies yet. Maybe you could give some input if you're familiar with that CDP or any of the others. If you can't that's okay too. Find the link below.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=20458

Nov 24, 2002 at 2:40 AM Post #72 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
joelongwood
HI: How are you? Have you heard the ATH-A100ti bass

Hi Lou, I'm doing fine, thank you.
No , I haven't heard the bass on the ATH-A100ti. Judging by what others have posted, the bass on those appears to be very good. But I think that most people who have heard the Beyer DT-770s would agree that they put out some of the most awesome bass around. If anyone has heard both the ATs and the Beyers, it would be nice to hear their impressions of the bass response of these two headphones.

Nov 24, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #73 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
AdamP88
HI: I did aim my post at you but am sorry for doing so. When the cans come out we will see whats up with them. And if they ant that good so be it. I see no need to bash anyone and would like us all to be friends. Sorry

No worries, Lou
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm anxious to get my AT100Ti's in so I can see what my ears make of them. Hopefully things will be timed well enough that you will have a chance to compare the two and see what's what.
smily_headphones1.gif

--Adam

Nov 24, 2002 at 8:14 AM Post #74 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
If anyone has heard both the ATs and the Beyers, it would be nice to hear their impressions of the bass response of these two headphones.

yes it would!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back