i am done playing I will only listen to my ATH-A100ti and my Max Out META42
Nov 23, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #46 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
purk
HI Good morning: I think that the ATH-1000 will be a lot better than the ATH-100ti. I think that the D.A.D.S. will have a big impact , and I think that the ear cups will be a little bigger and the better angeled drivers will be a big improvement all making a more conferable can with better bass and a better sound stage. The A1000 has no ti in it. PURK I thought that you ordered a pair of the A1000. If the sound is not much of an improvement I have a hang mans nose all set up. LOL

I think you're reading far too much into the descriptions. As far as the improved angled and dads, that's all the same - they say it's the improved angle DADS, so I assume that yes, maybe the bass response may be a bit better, but it doesn't give any insight into the rest of the frequency. Bigger earcups certainly don't mean better sound, too.

It's kind of like the whole new Sennheiser open phones. They use all this great new technology like Bionetic design, etc, but I don't recall anyone here who thinks the 590 is a clear improvement over the 580, or even a slight improvement. Not that I'm saying the A1000 isn't going to be better. It very well might be, but a better description doesn't automatically make a better product.
smily_headphones1.gif

Descriptions can be deceiving. Especially when the descriptions are being translated, sometimes not all that well, from Japanese (as is obviously the case with some of the stuff on audiocubes). And remember, every company markets their newest model as the latest-greatest thing. You wouldn't see too many sales if people marketed the new model with a slogan like "it's only a little better than the last one."
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #47 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamP88
I think you're reading far too much into the descriptions. As far as the improved angled and dads, that's all the same - they say it's the improved angle DADS, so I assume that yes, maybe the bass response may be a bit better, but it doesn't give any insight into the rest of the frequency. Bigger earcups certainly don't mean better sound, too.

It's kind of like the whole new Sennheiser open phones. They use all this great new technology like Bionetic design, etc, but I don't recall anyone here who thinks the 590 is a clear improvement over the 580, or even a slight improvement. Not that I'm saying the A1000 isn't going to be better. It very well might be, but a better description doesn't automatically make a better product.
smily_headphones1.gif

Descriptions can be deceiving. Especially when the descriptions are being translated, sometimes not all that well, from Japanese (as is obviously the case with some of the stuff on audiocubes). And remember, every company markets their newest model as the latest-greatest thing. You wouldn't see too many sales if people marketed the new model with a slogan like "it's only a little better than the last one."
wink.gif

word...very nicely put adamp88.

Nov 23, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #50 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
Lou, are you having a bad day? personally i can't wait to hear your praises of the a1000's.

Don't let anyone get to you Lou. It sounds to me like they are trying to help in their own way. They don't want you to get your hopes up and then not like te cans and get all frustrated. Just wait a week or so to get them, plug em in, and enjoy the music. Another week after that these same people will be posting about having just bought a pair of these wonderful new cans that sound so good!!!

Nov 23, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #51 of 74
Quote:

HI: Well maby you are right and I should just through the AthA-1000 in the trash when I get them.

Lou, that was not my intent and you know it. I even said the A1000s may very well be better than the A100s. For your sake (and the rest of us headphone nuts
smily_headphones1.gif
) I hope they are significantly better, as it would be a great deal and another notch on AT's belt of quality headphones. My main point is that you shouldn't automatically assume they'll be significantly better based solely on the manufacturer's description. After all, the V600 is the successor to the V6, and I think we all know how that went
wink.gif

Anyway, I hope that the A1000 lives up to your expectations.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 6:08 AM Post #53 of 74
Quote:

wink.gif

Or of course 'just a little worse than the last one'... thinking about Sony PCDPs of late...

Lou, I think I know what kind of sound you like (loosely)... if the A1000s don't cut it with you, try to demo a pair of Grado SR225s (or maybe the SR325s)... you might just like then
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 8:03 AM Post #55 of 74
Quote:

Its funny how so many members who have not ever heard the ATH-A1000 think that they are not an upgrade at all. So I will just get the ATH-A1000 and very much enjoy them and keep it to my self. I take offense to the members who just know that the ATH-A1000 are all hype and never heard them. Most of them never heard the ATH-A100ti and don't have the slightest idea of how great these cans really are. These guys think that they know something that ant even out yet. So all is well and I will be enjoying my ATH-A1000 AND Max Out META42. I will let these new know it all members be the guiding light for head-fi who even know about stuff that ant been heard yet. And take away the hopes and dreams of those who spend money and hope for the best in what they spent their money on. DUNCAN your ok with me and its nice to hear from you.

Lou,
For some reason I think you're directing this at me and you think I'm trying to make you look bad. That's not the case at all. Read my last post. And I'll add this in case it didn't come across before: I don't think the A1000's are going to be bad phones. In fact I have the feeling they're going to be very good. It's whether or not they're going to be better or significantly better than the predecessor that's really not determinable until someone here compares both of them.

And I'd just like to say, it sounds pretty odd to hear you chastising these people who never heard the A1000 and think they know something that isn't even out yet. You haven't heard them either.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 8:10 AM Post #56 of 74
Quote:

Lou,
For some reason I think you're directing this at me and you think I'm trying to make you look bad. That's not the case at all. Read my last post. And I'll add this in case it didn't come across before: I don't think the A1000's are going to be bad phones. In fact I have the feeling they're going to be very good. It's whether or not they're going to be better or significantly better than the predecessor that's really not determinable until someone here compares both of them.

And I'd just like to say, it sounds pretty odd to hear you chastising these people who never heard the A1000 and think they know something that isn't even out yet. You haven't heard them either.
smily_headphones1.gif

Adam...

It seems to me that Lou aimed his post soley at me...

Lou...

Sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, or discredit your own ears (after all, THEY are the most important part in ANY hi-fi chain)... I was just saying that I thought the Grado, more upfront sound might suit you if you end up not liking the AT1000s (not realising that you've already gone through the Grado lineup - and like me realised that they're not so hot to MY ears)...

Sorry if my post caused you any annoyance
frown.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 10:27 AM Post #58 of 74
Quote:

Originally posted by ablaze
*butts in* i'm selling my AT100Tis if anyone's interested
tongue.gif

Time to change the photo you use again!! Got anything of the Sony CD3K you got coming??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back