I agree!!!
Aug 6, 2011 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

googleli

Headphoneus Supremus
Took this photo at the Hong Kong AV show today. I agree with this statement - so I have decided not to even try any of the Dr. Dre's even though they are right there. Sorry Dr. Dre.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
I think both pics were shopped xD

By the glare and dirt placed on the original picture

and on account Bestbuy shouts it when you walk in, Monster actually says that.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #6 of 16
"to listen the bad"
blink.gif

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
Are those earphones made into heads meant to be someone in particular?

People that still like Gwen Stefani.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #11 of 16

Quote:
People that still like Gwen Stefani.

At first I couldn't tell it was a head (sitting far away / no glasses on)
And then I couldn't tell who it was supposed to be-- and I guess google didn't know either.
The more I ask myself about these things, the more confused / un-hip I feel.

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:

At first I couldn't tell it was a head (sitting far away / no glasses on)
And then I couldn't tell who it was supposed to be-- and I guess google didn't know either.
The more I ask myself about these things, the more confused / un-hip I feel.

They're the Harajuku Lovers IEM's (Harajuku is originally a perfume line Gwen Stefani made). The only reason I know what they are is because I've gotten continual, "I want those cute Harajuku earphones!" from a few friends.

...anyways. The obvious grammar fail on the poster is inexcusable.

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #13 of 16
The doll thing and the turbine gold (copper?) can be read as a "to" given the shape of the doll thing. I know it is stretching it, but let's give some face to Monster since they are already embarrassing themselves with this ad.

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
The doll thing and the turbine gold (copper?) can be read as a "to" given the shape of the doll thing. I know it is stretching it, but let's give some face to Monster since they are already embarrassing themselves with this ad.

That still sounds a little odd with "the" in there --  "the bad headphones",  which really doesn't make it any worse than someone just goofing it up.   Monster has actually more or less made that a slogan of theirs.

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #15 of 16
There were a lot more people at the Monster / Beats booth than those at other headphone /IEM booths, e.g. JH Audio, Westone, Final Audio Design, UE booths... Funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back