HURRICANE KATRINA RAFFLE: RSA HR-2 & Rockhopper M3 Budget Raffle for Hurricane Relief
Sep 12, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #16 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Maybe many people are sending PMs and racking up the bucks on this donation raffle, but the traffic on this thread is WAY TOO LIGHT! Show your support and keep up the momentum by posting your intention to contribute. [If there were a little cheerleader smiley, then that would be the perfect finish to my peppy post! Oh well.
cool.gif
]

What he said. By the way, we are racking up the bucks. Way ahead of where we were last time (less than 24 hours).

Sep 12, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 115
OK, got two tickets, momentum of thread continued.

Sep 13, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #20 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by chewmanji
tyrion, money sent!

this thread does indeed need more posts!

Bought my two a few hours ago

Sep 13, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #25 of 115
By the way, the $3204.12 donation check from the last raffle was sent certified mail return receipt to the Baton Rouge office of Habitat for Humanity on Monday.

Sep 13, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #26 of 115
Nice Tyr. Now we know it is getting to the right place.
biggrin.gif

I understand they already spent ten billion and have 50 more waiting.

On an interesting historical side note: I just saw a history channel special on New Orleans and it seems that the oil rigs pipe expansion in the last 40 years has caused significant undermining and erosion of the outer island/sandbars that have protected the area from waves from previous storms. This relatively regular flood area for the last 300 years flooded once again, but this time the ocean was much closer rather literally, and with a much higher population living in unfavorable areas than in earlier centuries...well there you go.

Sep 13, 2005 at 12:13 PM Post #27 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
Nice Tyr. Now we know it is getting to the right place.
biggrin.gif

I understand they already spent ten billion and have 50 more waiting.

On an interesting historical side note: I just saw a history channel special on New Orleans and it seems that the oil rigs pipe expansion in the last 40 years has caused significant undermining and erosion of the outer island/sandbars that have protected the area from waves from previous storms. This relatively regular flood area for the last 300 years flooded once again, but this time the ocean was much closer rather literally, and with a much higher population living in unfavorable areas than in earlier centuries...well there you go.

That was a big story after the hurricane hit. The erosion of those outer islands ans swamp caused a more severe impact. That are, which has been depleted, I believe, due to over development was natures protection of the area from storms.

Sep 13, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #29 of 115
I just sent my money.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back