HURRICANE KATRINA RAFFLE: RSA HR-2 & Rockhopper M3 Budget Raffle for Hurricane Relief
Sep 14, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #46 of 115
While my wife and I have already donated to the humane society (through her work for a matching donation), I'm happy to send more. Bravo to all the contributors - gear and money, and of course the folks doing all the legwork.

Cheers,
Tim

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:19 AM Post #47 of 115
I made this a sticky...let me know when the auction is over, Mike.

Aaron

Sep 14, 2005 at 12:45 PM Post #48 of 115
Thanks immtbiker for moving the thread to the top. Thanks to all those that have donated money and gear so far.

As of this morning we have raised 1072.17 before paypal fees. Some of the fees have been covered. I have $914.09 in my paypal account with about $135.00 in pledges outstanding.

Sep 14, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #49 of 115
Hello Headfiers! Been lurking here for 2+ years, thought I finally break my lurking streak and say hi.

Just checked the Humane Society's website. After 11 days of effort, they've rescued close to 4,000 animals (including 2,500+ cats and dogs, 100+ horses, and 1,000+ other animals). So, for us on the sideline, let's help out the good folks at HSUS as much as we can. The raffle has been going great, but let's see if we can get more members to donate.

I'll start. From now on, for every $500 donated, I'll match $100 (up to a maximum of $500). I think the raffle is at about $1,000 this morning. So, I'll match $100 when it gets to $1,500, another $100 when it's at $2,000, and so on.

I'm aware of headfi's greeting for first-time posters. Let's see how sorry you can make me feel about my wallet.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #50 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perpetual Lurker
Hello Headfiers! Been lurking here for 2+ years, thought I finally break my lurking streak and say hi.

Just checked the Humane Society's website. After 11 days of effort, they've rescued close to 4,000 animals (including 2,500+ cats and dogs, 100+ horses, and 1,000+ other animals). So, for us on the sideline, let's help out the good folks at HSUS as much as we can. The raffle has been going great, but let's see if we can get more members to donate.

I'll start. From now on, for every $500 donated, I'll match $100 (up to a maximum of $500). I think the raffle is at about $1,000 this morning. So, I'll match $100 when it gets to $1,500, another $100 when it's at $2,000, and so on.

I'm aware of headfi's greeting for first-time posters. Let's see how sorry you can make me feel about my wallet.
evil_smiley.gif

Welcome, and thank you. I was hoping you would make yourself known. I just didn't know it was going to be in such a big way. Hopefully, people will continue to step up to the plate.

Sep 14, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #51 of 115
I'm also glad you surfaced PL. Welcome to the daylight, at least as far as that goes with Head-Fi handles and virtual conversations....

And many thanks, as I have said when you were anonymous. I have been very proud to be part of this community over the last 2 weeks.

Sep 14, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #52 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Leonard, thanks. I just went 15 hours without a donation. I was getting nervous.

This is who we are trying to help:

katrinapets2.jpg

Tyrion-

THANKS A LOT!
mad.gif
Now you're making me all upset! I have to think about another donation.....

Sep 14, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #53 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by xilron
Tyrion-

THANKS A LOT!
mad.gif
Now you're making me all upset! I have to think about another donation.....

It's good to know my strategy worked. I will be awaiting your pm.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #54 of 115
This place amazes me! And I'm getting ready to PM as I sit here petting my beloved Simon cat. can't imagine having to leave him behind or what it would mean to have him taken care of if that were to happen.......this is truely a great idea & a great cause.

Sep 14, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #56 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perpetual Lurker
Wait a minute, I thought this place was the darkside?
wink.gif

It is... and believe me, we will do our best to make you "sorry about your wallet."
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thank you for your generosity! This is a wonderful cause. I have already donated, but expect another when my paycheck rolls in tomorrow!

Sep 15, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #57 of 115
Well, $1000 is good, but let's up the ante. If we raise more than $2000 I'll throw in an external STEPS power supply for the winner (in addtion to the Elpac). I don't have one built but I will in a week or so.

If we reach $3000, I'll go ahead and change the Budget M3 amp to a Home amp with internal STEPS, loop out and free bass boost (build time will take about 3 weeks to change it over).

So start donating!!!!!!!!

Sep 15, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #58 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
Well, $1000 is good, but let's up the ante. If we raise more than $2000 I'll throw in an external STEPS power supply for the winner (in addtion to the Elpac). I don't have one built but I will in a week or so.

If we reach $3000, I'll go ahead and change the Budget M3 amp to a Home amp with internal STEPS, loop out and free bass boost (build time will take about 3 weeks to change it over).

So start donating!!!!!!!!

Holy sh**! We have a group of people that have given so much to raise money for a great cause. We could easily beat the last raffle if more people donate. Even if it $10. It all counts and adds up in the end.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #59 of 115
if we could each donate to each other's fund, we could all be rich!
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #60 of 115
when does it end? i might buy a ticket..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back