Hum Pristine
Feb 18, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #62 of 105
It is absolutely mind blowing. It was pure chance that I decided to try this brand today and I'm really glad I did.

It was more on the treble but the bass and mids are not completely forgotten. It's difficult to describe but amongst most of the TOTLs i tried this 2 driver beast can stand toe to toe to the more famous offerings like the K10u and andromeda and still be ahead in some areas.
Nothing but positive things to say to be honest. Really loved the design that could be seen through the shell too.

Though I still wouldn't purchase this at retail. The only IEM that have shooked the foundation of what I know about IEMs was the se5 ultimate. That thing was a completely different ball game

Feb 18, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #63 of 105
It is absolutely mind blowing. It was pure chance that I decided to try this brand today and I'm really glad I did.

It was more on the treble but the bass and mids are not completely forgotten. It's difficult to describe but amongst most of the TOTLs i tried this 2 driver beast can stand toe to toe to the more famous offerings like the K10u and andromeda and still be ahead in some areas.
Nothing but positive things to say to be honest. Really loved the design that could be seen through the shell too.

Though I still wouldn't purchase this at retail. The only IEM that have shooked the foundation of what I know about IEMs was the se5 ultimate. That thing was a completely different ball game

Pristine is pretty much source dependent, it will tell exact what it is.
Can you tell more about se5? why is it different ?

Feb 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #64 of 105
Pristine is pretty much source dependent, it will tell exact what it is.
Can you tell more about se5? why is it different ?

I don't want to go out of topic talking about the se5u here. But we can move on to the se5u thread or u could pm me.

But I'll say this. You know how people say totls are so similar they only differ so slightly? Well se5u was really different. It felt so transparent but it was on a slightly darker tone which I don't really like. That transparency alone is unlike anything I've tried and that warrants a #1 place in my list. Pros and cons to everything. Firm believer of even the best IEMs aren't perfect.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #65 of 105
I don't want to go out of topic talking about the se5u here. But we can move on to the se5u thread or u could pm me.

But I'll say this. You know how people say totls are so similar they only differ so slightly? Well se5u was really different. It felt so transparent but it was on a slightly darker tone which I don't really like. That transparency alone is unlike anything I've tried and that warrants a #1 place in my list. Pros and cons to everything. Firm believer of even the best IEMs aren't perfect.

I have a friend who works as Music Sanctuary whrere he could try any iems whatever he likes.  Guess what, when he had a chance to try SE5ult from his friend (custom version, he forced fit it since they have similar ears shape), it was according to him "Pure hype". The iem is extremely dark sounding if not the darkest. There were nothing impressive about SE5ult except for its bass which is good for BA driver.

Btw, I had a chance to demo Zeus XR, Andromeda, U18 , Tia, Kaiser Encore and Katana. I would say the only iem that would compete with Pristine in technical lvl and resolution is Zeus XR but guess what, the price is ways above. As for the iem with similar signature, I would say is Noble Katana; However, it's still below Pristine in resolution and technical lvl (still don't understand why there are so much hype about them anyways and the price tag is just insane)

Pristine only has 2 drivers and beating multiple drivers out there, sometimes increasing the multiple drivers inside iem doesn't solve anything. Some people gotta listen to believe. I don't jump onto any hype trains nowadays and too bad this thread is dead empty becaue Hum is too new for them.  

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #66 of 105
I'm not slinging ****, but how could your friend "try" the SE5U at the store when it's obviously a CIEM and not a uni?

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #67 of 105
  I'm not slinging ****, but how could your friend "try" the SE5U at the store when it's obviously a CIEM and not a uni?

He has a friend who has the custom but since they have similar ear shape, he forced fit the se5. (se5's shell is made of silicon, not that hard like acrylic)

Edited my statement to be more clear. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #68 of 105
Thank you for clarifying that, although it goes against what almost everyone else "hears."   To each their own though.

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #69 of 105
  Thank you for clarifying that, although it goes against what almost everyone else "hears."   To each their own though.

If you have both and tried both, would want to hear your comparison then, why not?

According to some people who have SE5ult, I could understand that it has very different tuning from any modern day iem. If someone's starting point was SE5  and also If he was to like this signature, he would find everything else bright side or thin...etc  thats why I said It was a very dark iem..

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #70 of 105
  If you have both and tried both, would want to hear your comparison then, why not?

According to some people who have SE5ult, I could understand that it has very different tuning from any modern day iem. If someone's starting point was SE5  and also If he was to like this signature, he would find everything else bright side or thin...etc  thats why I said It was a very dark iem..

Don't take any offense my friend, that wasn't the intention, but I don't want to derail this any further.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #71 of 105
  Don't take any offense my friend, that wasn't the intention, but I don't want to derail this any further.

I don't think this actually derails anything if you would make a comparison between Hum Pristine and SE5 ult rather than talk about it alone?  This thread doesn't have any activities btw nor any hype trains ...

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #72 of 105
Tried the universal Pristine with two pin cable yesterday side by side with CA Andromeda. The build quality of Pristine is superb, fit also is better than the andromeda but I like the tuning of the Andromeda better. Lower midrange of the pristine is thinner and dry compared to Andromeda.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #73 of 105
Tried the universal Pristine with two pin cable yesterday side by side with CA Andromeda. The build quality of Pristine is superb, fit also is better than the andromeda but I like the tuning of the Andromeda better. Lower midrange of the pristine is thinner and dry compared to Andromeda.

Andromeda is more fun sounding but the resolution doesn't match the level of Pristine

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #74 of 105

Pristine is genera specific and on those genera it is brilliant. Anything acoustic, anything with treble oriented tuning and anything which has deep bass (not mid-bass) HUM will shine. Where Pristine falls behind is the dry and less forward midrange which traditionally lot of IEM colour and they do it in a fun way. I have owned mine for a while and to this day I cannot pinpoint all that Pristine has to offer. I have my moment of sheer joy to moments that I cannot use it to enjoy music.

What I am trying to say is HUM should take the guts of the Pristine and add a dynamic driver in there. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #75 of 105
  Pristine is genera specific and on those genera it is brilliant. Anything acoustic, anything with treble oriented tuning and anything which has deep bass (not mid-bass) HUM will shine. Where Pristine falls behind is the dry and less forward midrange which traditionally lot of IEM colour and they do it in a fun way. I have owned mine for a while and to this day I cannot pinpoint all that Pristine has to offer. I have my moment of sheer joy to moments that I cannot use it to enjoy music.

What I am trying to say is HUM should take the guts of the Pristine and add a dynamic driver in there. 

I have to say Pristine is the most accurate iem I've ever heard to date. It brutally reveals everything in the recording to the point that I have to make a category which can be used for Pristine only where it sounds perfect because It can make not a well-done lossless recording into something harsh, thin, bright and not enjoyable at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back