Hum Pristine
Jul 7, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #32 of 105
This thread has been quiet, so to pick things up, here is my full HUM Pristine-R review I just posted HERE.

Btw, it's available from Music Sanctuary (@Kozato) - the direct link is inside of the review.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #35 of 105
I recently purchased the Pristine Universal's. It has great detail, depth or 3D sound. Quite a surprise. 

Alflla, is the HUM HQ always open to public? or did you schedule. BTW were you able to try their DAP ( Pervasion) with the Pristines??

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #36 of 105
  I recently purchased the Pristine Universal's. It has great detail, depth or 3D sound. Quite a surprise. 

Alflla, is the HUM HQ always open to public? or did you schedule. BTW were you able to try their DAP ( Pervasion) with the Pristines??

We scheduled a meeting with Travis, he was very accomodating despite their recent office move. Glad to hear that you liked the Pristine - its sound signature wasn't for me, although I was surprised that a 2 BA IEM could sound so warm and full. I would say I prefer it to the Noble Savant, but its price will probably be prohibitive to most people. 
Only briefly tried the Pervasion with the qdc 3SH - compared to the AK380, the Pervasion has a more coloured and lively warm mid forward sound. Unfortunately did not try it with the Pristines.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #38 of 105
  Any news on their upcoming amp?

I don't have any technical specs or details, but we did try a prototype of their amp for a while. All I can tell you is that it's very light and thin - definitely a very portable design. The unit we tried had an aluminium (most probably) casing with metal volume knob and lineout sockets etc on top, with HUM embossed on to the side face.

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #39 of 105
I had chance listen them on mini meet 20-30mins. I am quite surprised that there is not huge debate about them, I think it sounds really great, very very promising, hope I will have chance to test them at home..  

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #40 of 105
it has finally arrived and she is not alone, she comes with her new sibling! I dont even know its name! I can't wait to get to know and review this amazing IEM, I truly am jumping in joy!

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #41 of 105
More update: HUM Pristine: It lacks fun factor, meaning it is recording related, where my dita truth has this fun impactful sound to my ears HUM sounds more file related. I find the cable to be making a huge difference. With the stock cable HUM Pristine becomes far more revealing, it brings all the that is there to hear. I find changing to a different cable does fix certain issues like hissing with my chord hugo. Overall for me once I get used the CIEM fit I can see where I will be using this.

A note on the amp HYPNO: I find the amp to be basically to be basically following the same sound philosophy as the CIEM. Pairing with the Chord Mojo I sense it reduces dynamics but it improves soundstage quiet significantly.

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #44 of 105
I believe the V1 has more cores, technically some might consider it better but as a result less portable as it was too stiff. This is more inline to make it more portable.

I find the supplied cable to make a huge impact on the overall sound of Pristine. To the point that without it we cannot talk about the final sound of actual IEM itself. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #45 of 105
Reading various review I got to say what I hear is different to what others hear. I find Pristine to be HD800 IEM in a sense that it can sound bright on certain occasion and the mid is not smooth but rather dry. 
Just like HD800 it excels with string instrument, any acoustic based music.  To me it is among the best I have hear when it comes to those type of music. Vocal isn't its strength (or to be fair neither its weakness). The lack of coloration in midrange makes this IEM less ideal for those occasion where you want to loss yourself in the singers voice.

To be fair my unit is still burning(nowhere near the 200 hour recommended settlement period) and I could possibly have fitting issue but in general to me Pristine is the direct CIEM replacement of HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back