Hum Pristine
Oct 9, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #46 of 105
  Reading various review I got to say what I hear is different to what others hear. I find Pristine to be HD800 IEM in a sense that it can sound bright on certain occasion and the mid is not smooth but rather dry. 
Just like HD800 it excels with string instrument, any acoustic based music.  To me it is among the best I have hear when it comes to those type of music. Vocal isn't its strength (or to be fair neither its weakness). The lack of coloration in midrange makes this IEM less ideal for those occasion where you want to loss yourself in the singers voice.

To be fair my unit is still burning(nowhere near the 200 hour recommended settlement period) and I could possibly have fitting issue but in general to me Pristine is the direct CIEM replacement of HD800.

Interesting... My experience with my Hum Pristine (though with the V1 cable) is quite different from yours. I definitely don't find Pristine to be the CIEM version of HD800, given that I hate the HD800 but love the Pristine.

Also, out of all the CIEMs that claim to be reference, the Hum Pristine is probably the least reference sounding of the lots.

And also, I find that there is actually more coloration than what I normally prefer (this is very relative and subjective, so YMMV) in its overall sound signature.

Just to give an anecdotal example: Once I was testing out the Vibro Labs Aria (which I'll describe as very reference and neutral sounding, flat fr and a little thin sound) for about half an hour. Immediately after that when I tried back my Hum, I was shocked by how warm, and heavily colored the Hum sounds, how it sounded totally different from what I'm used to. But of course, after a while of brain adjustment, the Hum Pristine sounded like how it normally does.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #47 of 105
Xuan87, I had the same experience with Vibro Labs comparison but also with a Martian, Oriolus and Inear SD4s. I find the HUM to have a pretty distinct signature with acoustics, EDM and indie type music

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #48 of 105
I really dont know, for instance I hear no issue on low gain with my lotoo paw gold which happens to be the only acceptable source I have for LPG. The pairing as far as my ear is concerned is a perfect 10/10. Hissing is so low that once music is played it becomes non-existent. 

I hear no distinct warm signature that is present in all tracks. To me a warm gear is one which carries that trait regardless of what it is playing, to me Pristine isn't just that. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #52 of 105

my pairing
Looking for upgrade cable, any suggestion?

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #54 of 105
Changing the cable to anything else isn't recommended as it will alter the sound.

I'm already awared of that but I would like to make it sound less bright and less aggressive somehow. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #55 of 105
  I'm already awared of that but I would like to make it sound less bright and less aggressive somehow. 

What is your source? Do you have the universal or the custom format? It could be a fit issue. HUM is a revealing IEM so if the recording is bad no cable can fix that.

Try using chord mojo, that should fix it. Honestly I own a lot of cable and nothing has bested its stock cable. If I could I like to order the old stock cable, in 8 core format. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #56 of 105
  What is your source? Do you have the universal or the custom format? It could be a fit issue. HUM is a revealing IEM so if the recording is bad no cable can fix that.

Try using chord mojo, that should fix it. Honestly I own a lot of cable and nothing has bested its stock cable. If I could I like to order the old stock cable, in 8 core format. 

I have heard about Leonidas as a friend has it and he's fixed onto it but this cable is really out of my range. The source I'm using is sony wm1a (mostly) and qp1r,  I'm using custom format.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #57 of 105
  I have heard about Leonidas as a friend has it and he's fixed onto it but this cable is really out of my range. The source I'm using is sony wm1a (mostly) and qp1r,  I'm using custom format.

The only cable that is out there and I can only thing of buying are Dita replacement cable and Wireworld cable. I prefer the WireWorld cable (but it is out of my budget) and it is only single ended. Dita replacement cable are very versatile but by nature they are not warm, they are as transparent and neutral as it gets.I think perhaps adding a warmer amp, something like the ALO continental V5 is a money a lot better spent than buying a cable which to my ears is at best a slight improvement in man cases.

But if you really want to buy a cable I recommend the Wireworld cables. They do many mmcx/3.5mm cable but aren't cheap. I havent tried the new Effect audio line but the old line did nothing for me. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #58 of 105
  The only cable that is out there and I can only thing of buying are Dita replacement cable and Wireworld cable. I prefer the WireWorld cable (but it is out of my budget) and it is only single ended. Dita replacement cable are very versatile but by nature they are not warm, they are as transparent and neutral as it gets.I think perhaps adding a warmer amp, something like the ALO continental V5 is a money a lot better spent than buying a cable which to my ears is at best a slight improvement in man cases.

But if you really want to buy a cable I recommend the Wireworld cables. They do many mmcx/3.5mm cable but aren't cheap. I havent tried the new Effect audio line but the old line did nothing for me. 

Which Effect Audio cable did you have before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back