HUM Pervasion is coming - New DAP in Town
Apr 22, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #62 of 152
I dunno guys, I'm running Aurisonics ASG-2 with pure silver Tralucent cable and Hum Pervasion listening to Taylor Swift - 1989 album. This setup seriously rocks for me.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #63 of 152
How big can the ASG's soundstage sound? I'm finding my only complaint with the Pervasion is that it doesn't quite max out the staging capabilities of more expansive phones. It sounds better than anything I've tried with SE846 (smallish staging), but slightly limiting with K10s (capable of larger staging)

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #64 of 152
How big can the ASG's soundstage sound? I'm finding my only complaint with the Pervasion is that it doesn't quite max out the staging capabilities of more expansive phones. It sounds better than anything I've tried with SE846 (smallish staging), but slightly limiting with K10s (capable of larger staging)

Been using it with the Havi B3 Pro 1 and they match pretty well. Soundstage and imaging is pretty damn good!

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #65 of 152

I can agree on the soundstage. ASG-2 can go quite wide using silver cable and simply by nature of its design, tuning etc. Hum Pervasion will not take it to true width levels but due to the IEMs natural width it manages to be suitable. It would be my only complaint about the Pervasion, as the mids, bass response and smooth treble all excel together.

I need to be careful running Aurisonics with Hum because the player obviously has a lot of driving power, it can go quite loud and you can easily shell shock your ears. This is what happened to me last night after a long session Taylor Swift. But it's also that driving power and detail which really push / extract that high energy sound from ASG-2 so it goes hand in hand. Perfect match providing you're sensible.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #66 of 152

I can agree on the soundstage. ASG-2 can go quite wide using silver cable and simply by nature of its design, tuning etc. Hum Pervasion will not take it to true width levels but due to the IEMs natural width it manages to be suitable. It would be my only complaint about the Pervasion, as the mids, bass response and smooth treble all excel together.

I need to be careful running Aurisonics with Hum because the player obviously has a lot of driving power, it can go quite loud and you can easily shell shock your ears. This is what happened to me last night after a long session Taylor Swift. But it's also that driving power and detail which really push / extract that high energy sound from ASG-2 so it goes hand in hand. Perfect match providing you're sensible.

I have a tip for you, my friend. Grab a player like PlayerPro, Neutron, or PowerAmp and you can apply a 6 or 12dB gain reduction in the digital realm where it won't impact SQ at all, but allows 100% enjoyment of the Pervasion even with hyper-sensitive IEMs like SE846s.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #67 of 152
I have a tip for you, my friend. Grab a player like PlayerPro, Neutron, or PowerAmp and you can apply a 6 or 12dB gain reduction in the digital realm where it won't impact SQ at all, but allows 100% enjoyment of the Pervasion even with hyper-sensitive IEMs like SE846s.

Agreed. I have always used neutron. Though it chews your resources so be interesting to see how the pervasion goes with it

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #68 of 152
Agreed. I have always used neutron. Though it chews your resources so be interesting to see how the pervasion goes with it

I didn't much like Neutron, but coming from PowerAmp / PlayerPro this might just be because it was different and I didn't really give it much time. I can say that Pervasion runs beautifully with PlayerPro.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #69 of 152
I didn't much like Neutron, but coming from PowerAmp / PlayerPro this might just be because it was different and I didn't really give it much time. I can say that Pervasion runs beautifully with PlayerPro.

Yeah neutron is laggy and ugly in the ui but I found the sound to perhaps be the best.

But there are so many out there.

Hell I also liked the sound of one called noozy for a while to depending on the phone and headphones

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #70 of 152
iBasso brought up an interesting point recently in one of their threads. Paul stated they do not intentionally alter the sound of their units each firmware. Its correcting bugs and making adjustments to the CPU etc which alters the sound. They try to work out why this happens and correct it best they can. This brings up interesting points about using different app players with Hum, which all use different amounts of resources.

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #73 of 152
Nice review! I particularly liked your title and fully agree with it. Just this week I was walking through the city listening to an old Duane Allman / Clarence Carter collaboration and SO wanted to dance my way into the office thanks to the Pervasion. :)

It is a great sounding device. It's a shame about the small quirks. Seems like an oversight from HUM. I hope this fix it.

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #74 of 152
I was reading your review DJScope (days ago actually) regarding Hum's battery life.

Do you really think charging with a 2amp charger will speed things up? Or, will Hum simply pull 1amp max?

Be nice to find this out as the Pervasion sure likes to use 'the power'

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #75 of 152
  I was reading your review DJScope (days ago actually) regarding Hum's battery life.

Do you really think charging with a 2amp charger will speed things up? Or, will Hum simply pull 1amp max?

Be nice to find this out as the Pervasion sure likes to use 'the power'

I did notice a that it does charge faster. So I would say yes. As an Android device, most modern phones do benefit from higher powered chargers. For example, my Nexus 7 tablet comes with a 3A 5.2V charger, and my Moto G actually takes the charge very well, from 15% to 100% in around an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back