HUM Pervasion is coming - New DAP in Town
Jan 3, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #151 of 152
  Just got HUM Pervasion.

I have other DAPs but none of my DAPs can install Spotify hence got this one at discounted price. I like the sound quality out of HO from this DAP A LOT.  I maxed out digital volume (255/255) and control volume via scroll analogue volume. Not sure if this is ideal set up. I can hear hiss when there is a silence but minor so it is okay (would been great if there is no hiss).

If anyone can provide feedback on how to control the volume between digital and analog to minimise the hiss, it would be greatly appreciated. :) 
biggrin.gif

And, has anyone put screen protector and case on HUM? I tried to look for screen protector and case for this and could not find any... 
confused.gif

It can throw out some great mid-range detail.

I remember listening to Jasmine Thompson "Do you want to build a Snomman" with Fidue A83, her her voice was like a solid wall of sound. Quite funny and enjoyable.

Its great how good experiences with audio seem to stick with us, others not so much.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #152 of 152
  Just got HUM Pervasion.

I have other DAPs but none of my DAPs can install Spotify hence got this one at discounted price. I like the sound quality out of HO from this DAP A LOT.  I maxed out digital volume (255/255) and control volume via scroll analogue volume. Not sure if this is ideal set up. I can hear hiss when there is a silence but minor so it is okay (would been great if there is no hiss).

If anyone can provide feedback on how to control the volume between digital and analog to minimise the hiss, it would be greatly appreciated. :) 
biggrin.gif

And, has anyone put screen protector and case on HUM? I tried to look for screen protector and case for this and could not find any... 
confused.gif

Took some time but think I've figured out a good way to use both volume controls.

Til now I was putting the side rocker to max 255 and using the bottom analog wheel to adjust volume. That setup gave the least noise (hiss) but the wheel is a bit too small for constant adjustments.

Last night I started using the bottom volume wheel like a gain adjustment. With the digital volume rocker maxed out, I turned up the volume wheel to just a bit higher than what I consider loud to create some headroom. Then I used the side rocker to reduce volume a bit and make slight up/down adjustments between songs. I never got below 240 on the digital volume so didn't lose any dynamics, hiss was still minimized, and the volume was much easier to manage.

As for screen protection, I got my HP used from another head-fier and it came with a thick screen protector already applied. I just removed, washed, and reapplied it. It has some scuffs but the thickness is better protection than if I cut out a thin one from some older universal protection films I have. If your's didn't come with one, you'll probably need to use a universal protector that fits or cut a larger one down to the HP's size.

Searched again today but still haven't found any custom cases, covers, or anything else for the HP. I guess it really is an obscure dap but the sound is just amazing for what it is. I used to use an external amp til I realized the HP's internal amp and headphone out actually sounded better (rare for a dap).

Only getting around 5-6 hours battery life (which is about normal for real world use)  so next I'll be looking for info about disassembly and replace batteries for when that time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back