Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 25, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #18,781 of 18,905
Hahahahahaha
If and when I win the lottery I want the Atc active speakers. That is another speaker manufacture that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I've spoke to someone who I respect telling me to use the Atc pre amp with the Atc active speakers. I thought m scaler and tt2 connected straight to the speakers. Rob Watts has said any pre amp doesn't matter how good just gets in the way of the sound, yet we have millions of pre amps out there just like we have linear power supplies powering the Mscaler and Tt2. Shrug your shoulders all you want. Are thousands of ears wrong yet Rob Watts ears are right?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #18,782 of 18,905
Got my new TT2 today (upgrade from Hugo 2).
Sounds terrific out off the box.

Will it sound better after burn-in process? How long should it take?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240225_141843.jpg
    20240225_141843.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #18,785 of 18,905
In my experience, the TT2 didn’t need any burn-in. It does, however, need a 5-10 minute warm-up (touch the top of the unit, should be warm to the touch) to sound its best.

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #18,786 of 18,905
If and when I win the lottery I want the Atc active speakers. That is another speaker manufacture that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I've spoke to someone who I respect telling me to use the Atc pre amp with the Atc active speakers. I thought m scaler and tt2 connected straight to the speakers. Rob Watts has said any pre amp doesn't matter how good just gets in the way of the sound, yet we have millions of pre amps out there just like we have linear power supplies powering the Mscaler and Tt2. Shrug your shoulders all you want. Are thousands of ears wrong yet Rob Watts ears are right?
I ADORE ATC speakers, and would have them myself if I didn't adore ribbon tweeters more.

But that said, I don't understand why you'd introduce a preamp if the DAC can drive the speakers correctly? Is it a kind of sound you're going for?

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #18,788 of 18,905
Got my new TT2 today (upgrade from Hugo 2).
Sounds terrific out off the box.

Thanks
A millisecond!
Burn in is for transducers and amplifier tubes.

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #18,791 of 18,905
I'm using a Zen Stream now, what did you switch to?
In my case, I switched from the ZS to 2Go/2Yu. It was a very noticeable improvement to me. Already had the 2Go and found an open box deal on the 2Yu, so it wasn't as big an investment.

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #18,793 of 18,905
I don't know if this was really necessary or not, but it seemed like the right thing to do.
I wanted to put about an inch of ventilation between my Chord TT 2 and M-Scaler. Anyone else using IsoAcoustic ISO-pucks or something similar?

IMG_1687.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #18,794 of 18,905
I don't know if this was really necessary or not, but it seemed like the right thing to do.
I wanted to put about an inch of ventilation between my Chord TT 2 and M-Scaler. Anyone else using IsoAcoustic ISO-pucks or something similar?

IMG_1687.jpg
I use something similar, they are rubber pucks, I use them to create a little space between them.

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #18,795 of 18,905

IMG_1687.jpg
Yep. A little ventilation keeps things cooler for me. I’m also one of those heretics that likes to put hood feet under anything with a clock in it. Uptick on performance using Arya Revopods mini? Maybe, or maybe not…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back